Kunena 6.3.2 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.2 [K 6.3.2] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3
Note: Please go to the Kunena Dashboard after an upgrade so that the Kunena database tables are also updated.

Solved Update Kunena database with only script?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1 by Kampp
I have an old Kunena 5.2.4 (in Joomla 3) I want to update to the latest version. I allready have migrated to Joomla 5 site with the newest Kunena installed and migrated data, but I am missing the data in the forum since the migration work started (months ago). So now I sadly need to do the forum migration again!

Is there a way to update the Kunena database with scripts that make the database changes and such? How do I do it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #3 by Kampp
This seems to be on the right path, but I can't see how the Database Fix button can update the Kunena database without it being installed as well?

Is it possible to simply insert the old Kunena database tables in the new installation, and then install the newest version of Kunena and thus it updates the tables?
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Kampp. Reason: Added question

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4 by rich
1. first of all, create a backup of your website.
2 . You will need the /media/kunena folder from the old installation (this contains the uploaded avatars and attachments).
3. then go to Kunena -> Tools in the backend and uninstall Kunena. This will remove Kunena completely, including the associated database tables.
4. import the old database tables from Kunena
5. install Kunena 6.3 (the tables will be updated automatically)
6. import avatars and attachments from the old /media/kunena folder

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #5 by Kampp
That seems to work, but it can't install the Kunena Menu afterwards. No error given :(
Looking into it...

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #6 by Kampp
Got it to work by a mix of old #__menu and #__menu_types database tables and then using Kunena for creating menu items - but not though the "error" when loading cockpit (use the one in tools instead).
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Kampp.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds