Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved "You are not authorised to see this attachment"

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #1 by Ratman
One thing that happens randomly from time to time: A User writes a post and attaches some pics. When he/she submits the post, a message appears instead of the pictures:

You are not authorised to see this attachment.

When I use the Kunena diagnostics, I can see some orphaned attachments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #2 by rich
You have orphaned attachments in the database. You can test how you can obtain orphaned attachments. Orphaned attachments are created when users upload attachments sloppily. This means that the user has used the back button of the browser and the forward button again before saving. Kunena registers this as a cancellation and does not enter a message ID for this image. And in the frontend you see "You are not authorised to see this attachment."

Or a user does not use the "Cancel" button if they do not send their message after uploading the image. All these attachments are given the mesid 0 in the #__kunena_attachments table and are shown as orphaned in the diagnostics tool.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #3 by Ratman
Thanks Richard for your reply. This was completely new for me and I will ask the user if this can be the explaination.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds