Kunena 6.2.4 Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.4 [K 6.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved How to save custom emoticons?

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #1 by Ratman
Hi all.

I'm currently preparing an update of my site. At this time, my site is running under Joomla 3 with Kunena 5.2.6. I made a copy of my site in a stage domain, uninstalled Kunena and all incompatible plugins, updated Joomla successfully to Version 5.0.1 and installed Kunena 6.2.2. Everything is fine so far, all categories and messages are there.

But all my previously customized emoticons are gone. Is there a way to save the emoticon configuration and the picture files as well?

Thanks a lot in advance for your support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic How to save custom emoticons?
Copy the smileys from your backup from the media/kunena/emoticons folder and the content from the media/kunena/attachments folder and paste it into your updated page.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #3 by Ratman
Hi Rich, thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately this did not work. I still see the default emoticons in the Kunena editor. I think there must be a file where the emoticons are defined and I have to copy this file. Any hint?

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #4 by Ratman
One additional thing: I used to use the Blue Eagle template in my old site, but had to uninstall this on the new site because it is not compatible anymore. I installed a new kunena template. Maybe the emoticons are lost because of this?

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #5 by Pinkeltje
If you are using ckeditor then you should add your emoticon filenames to media\kunena\core\js\customckeditor_config.js around line 67 insert this:
Code:
config.smiley_images = [ 'cool.png','cool-grey.png' ];
And add the names+ext of your custom emoticons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #6 by Ratman
Thanks Pinkeltje for your reply. But that was not what I wanted. I want to take over the emoticons from my old site (J3 / K5) to the new one (J5 / K6). So I know where the picture files are located, but where is the config file where the emoticons are defined?

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #7 by Pinkeltje
media\kunena\core\js\customckeditor_config.js

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #8 by Ratman

media\kunena\core\js\customckeditor_config.js

I checked this file on my old site. Not a single emoticon is defined there And on my new site there is no file with this name.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #9 by Gindi
Replied by Gindi on topic How to save custom emoticons?
Hello ratman,
the file customckeditor_config.js does not exist in the installation. The original name is ckeditor_config.js and can be renamed to customckeditor_config.js if you make changes in this file that should not be overwritten during an update. Then custom must also be entered for the prefix in the BBCode tab at the bottom of the Aurelia template.

Gindi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #10 by Ratman
Thanks Gindi. But I think the discussion does not touch the core of my problem. Let me explain my problem a little bit more detailed.

Since many years I maintain a site called " www.roguewatches.de ". It is currently running under Joomla 3 with an installation of Kunena 5. I have to upgrade my site because Joomla 3 is out of support. To test if my site can be upgraded I copied the complete site and database to a subdomain. I uninstalled Kunena, because version 5 is not compatible to a higher Joomla version. I also uninstalled older software like UddeIM. I also uninstalled my site template due to icompatibility and uninstalled the previously installed Kunena Template Blue Eagle 5.

After this I upgraded to Joomla 5, installed Kunena 6, a new site template and a new Kunena template. I noticed - among other things - that all my previously used emoticons were gone and only the default emoticons are present. So I'm trying to find a way to move all the emoticons from the old site to the new one without having to configure them from scratch.

I never edited the ckeditor_config.js or customckeditor_config.js. I only utilized the "emoticons" tab in the Kunena backend to add new emoticons or to edit the default ones. So, if I add an emoticon in the backend, the picture file is added to the media/kunena/emoticons folder. But I can't find the file where the emoticon list is stored in.

Well... if I can't find the location, I have to edit the emoticons from scratch, but I'd rather find an easier solution :)

Thanks a lot for your help and patience so far.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds