Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Joomla 4 migration KPATH_ADMIN error bricked site.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #1 by Rajada
I was forced to update my Joomla version due to my host dropping PHP 7 before I was ready, and everything was going okay until I noticed I was getting an error from Kunena if I wasn't logged in as a user. It was the fairly unhelpful error message Undefined constant "Kunena\Forum\Libraries\Forum\KPATH_ADMIN". Trying several reported fixes did nothing, so I decided to temporarily put the forum into maintenance mode to prevent users from getting in, and that action seems to have spread the error message even into my admin backend now, completely bricking my site.

EDIT: I pulled off a miracle and got the backend back with some restoration of the tables. I'm still not 100% sure that I'm out of the woods, and I feel like this information might be helpful in some way so I'm leaving the post up. My question at this point is, what would cause this error to pop up for a guest but not a registered user?
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Rajada. Reason: More info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #2 by rich

Is there any hope for me or should I just find some other hosting software at this point?

This makes no sense, as support for PHP 7.x has expired and you will have to upgrade to PHP 8.x anyway. www.php.net/supported-versions.php

Joomla 3.10 with Kunena 5.2 would also have run with PHP 8.x.
Which versions (Joomla and Kunena) did you have installed before the upgrade?
Do you have a backup of your Jomla 3.x page? If so, copy it back and try the migration again. Follow these steps: docs.kunena.org/en/basics/upgrade/upgrade-k6-0

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #3 by Rajada
I had Joomla 3.12 I believe. I know I was 3.10 at least. Kunena was the latest version supported by Joomla 3. I redid the migration and the problem came back but only after I slept for the night. I opened a new browser window where I wasn't logged into the site and my home page gives me a 500 error. When I turn on better error tracing I get this nasty unknown KPATH_ADMIN stuff again.

I followed those update instructions to the letter. I didn't do anything wrong as far as I can tell.

I've attached the error page, and the config report below.

And just to clarify I was referring to ditching Joomla as I'm very sick of rebuilding my site from scratch every time they come out with a new major version that they insist will be an easy update but then never let any plugin makers catch up before circumstances force your hand into updating. Three of my other plugins don't work properly either so you're not the only forum I'm frequenting with the pressure of a busted site weighing me down.
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload:

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : cassiopeia_nab_network | author: Jared Petersen | version: 1.0 | creationdate: March 2023

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.9.1 | creationdate: 2023-02-22

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.0.9.1 | 2023-02-22 [ Git Repository ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 6.0.2

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by rich. Reason: Configuration report corectly inserted

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #4 by rich
Never had an .htaccess file? Rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess.
Disable the Kunena - Community Builder Integration plugin and the Kunena Latest module, then empty the cache and try to visit the frontend again.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #5 by Rajada
Well I don't know about the htaccess file as we've always had one. Perhaps when the host restored the site it didn't copy over. Regardless I have a local backup for things like this.

Following your advice regarding the plugins and cache gets rid of the 500 error. I tested with reactivating them one at a time and Kunena latest doesn't seem to cause any issues but the CB integration brings back the same 500 error. Unfortunately my forums depend on this plugin so it isn't something I can just do away with.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6 by rich
According to the configuration report, you have not installed the Community Builder. In this case, the plugin must not be activated. If Community Builder is installed, the plugin should not cause an error.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #7 by Rajada
CB is definitely installed, but since a new update came out a couple of days ago I went ahead and updated it. Hopefully that resolves it showing as not installed. I think during migration something made the system think it wasn't installed despite the fact that CB was fully working on my frontend.

That said, after doing this, re-enabling CB integration still causes the same 500 error.

New configuration report since the changes:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : cassiopeia_nab_network | author: Jared Petersen | version: 1.0 | creationdate: March 2023

Kunena default template details : Aurelia | author: Kunena Team | version: 6.0.9.1 | creationdate: 2023-02-22

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 6.0.9.1 | 2023-02-22 [ Git Repository ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 6.0.2

Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Rajada.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #8 by rich
The community builder still doesn't appear. It should appear under Third-party components below in the configuration report. Something is wrong. Try the following:
1. Rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess
2. Check in System -> Extensions -> (search by keyword "comm") if everything from the CB is activated
3. Check if the CB works without Kunena (with disabled integration plugin)
4. If yes, download Kunena and unzip the zip file
5. Uninstall the Kunena CB integration plugin
6. Install this plugin from the extracted zip file (it is the plugin plg_kunena_comprofiler)
7. Test again
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by rich.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #9 by Rajada
I already fixed the htaccess file earlier, but after going through the rest of your steps the same things happens still. Community builder seems to work fine. I can log in and view users and even approve user registrations still.

I just read through www.kunena.org/forum/12-Community-Builde...ntegration-500-error and set my default language away from US English back to GB English and suddenly no 500 error when the cb integration plugin is on. I'm still testing things to make sure. While I understand that Kunena isn't in US English, having your Joomla site be in US English probably shouldn't cause such a horrible defect. That said, it still isn't showing in the config report so if there's any other information I can provide to help with that let me know.
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by Rajada.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #10 by rich
Thank you very much, now that you have brought it to my attention, I know where the problem lies. You can also find the solution in this linked topic. Kunena itself has an option to automatically load the en-GB language for the forum if no translation of the selected language is available. Unfortunately, this does not apply to the plugins or extensions.
Don't worry about the configuration report if everything else is fine.

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds