Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved No emails to global moderators

More
1 year 6 months ago #1 by milstanyu
Hi,

I have upgraded from Kunena 5 (J3) to Kunena 6 (J4). After the upgrade, I noticed that Kunena is not sending any emails (moderator emails and new post notifications). Joomla emails are sent normally by the server.

I fixed this problem somehow by adding the 3 missing mail templates for Kunena directly into the database. These mail templates are created with new Kunena 6 installation, but not after the upgrade from v5 to v6.

However, now the global moderators are not receiving new topic notifications unless they are subscribed to the category. I know that was not the case in v5 and all global moderators were receiving new topic notifications regardless of the category subscriptions.

Best,
Milos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic No emails to global moderators
Check in the configuration (tab Security) the option "E-mail Moderators"

More
1 year 6 months ago #3 by ita4012

Hi,

I have upgraded from Kunena 5 (J3) to Kunena 6 (J4). After the upgrade, I noticed that Kunena is not sending any emails (moderator emails and new post notifications). Joomla emails are sent normally by the server.

I fixed this problem somehow by adding the 3 missing mail templates for Kunena directly into the database. These mail templates are created with new Kunena 6 installation, but not after the upgrade from v5 to v6.

However, now the global moderators are not receiving new topic notifications unless they are subscribed to the category. I know that was not the case in v5 and all global moderators were receiving new topic notifications regardless of the category subscriptions.

Best,
Milos

Hi. I have the same problem. How did you add "the 3 missing mail templates for Kunena directly into the database"? Where did you get those mail templates? And how did you add to database?

Thanks

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #4 by rich

milstanyu wrote: 

Check in the configuration (tab Security) the option "E-mail Moderators"

ita4012 wrote:

Hi. I have the same problem. How did you add "the 3 missing mail templates for Kunena directly into the database"? Where did you get those mail templates? And how did you add to database?

Thanks

With phpMyAdmin you can insert the mailtemplates with this sql command. Instead of #__ you have to enter your prefix.
Code:
INSERT INTO `#__mail_templates` (`template_id`, `extension`, `language`, `subject`, `body`, `htmlbody`, `attachments`, `params`) VALUES ('com_kunena.reply', 'com_kunena', '', 'COM_KUNENA_SENDMAIL_REPLY_SUBJECT', 'COM_KUNENA_SENDMAIL_BODY', '', '',         '{"tags":["mail", "subject", "message", "messageUrl", "once"]}'); INSERT INTO `#__mail_templates` (`template_id`, `extension`, `language`, `subject`, `body`, `htmlbody`, `attachments`, `params`) VALUES ('com_kunena.replymoderator', 'com_kunena', '', 'COM_KUNENA_SENDMAIL_REPLYMODERATOR_SUBJECT', 'COM_KUNENA_SENDMAIL_BODY', '', '',         '{"tags":["mail", "subject", "message", "messageUrl", "once"]}'); INSERT INTO `#__mail_templates` (`template_id`, `extension`, `language`, `subject`, `body`, `htmlbody`, `attachments`, `params`) VALUES ('com_kunena.report', 'com_kunena', '', 'COM_KUNENA_SENDMAIL_REPORT_SUBJECT', 'COM_KUNENA_SENDMAIL_BODY_REPORTMODERATOR', '', '',         '{"tags":["mail", "subject", "message", "messageUrl", "once"]}');
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ita4012

More
1 year 6 months ago #5 by ita4012
Thank you Rich. I'll do a test on a copy of my site.

But it sounds pretty absurd that kunena 6.0 has this problem, and doesn't send emails notifications 

More
1 year 6 months ago #6 by rich
These entries should actually be created during an upgrade. I will test it.

More
1 year 6 months ago #7 by rich

These entries should actually be created during an upgrade. I will test it.
The entries were created properly. Maybe something didn't work for you during the migration. 

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #8 by ita4012
Ok, thank you Rich. I've tested on a copy and then on live site, and it seems to work.

I only have the doubt that messages text appears in email, even if I set it to "no", in Kunena configuration settings.
Moreover, I noticed that emails do not have the usual Kunena template (see attachment)

Yes, I had some problems during upgrading, since I was not able to uninstall kunena 5.2.9, before passing to J4 (as suggested in your instructions), since doing so I lost backend access..... So, I have only disabled Kunena 5.2.9, and then installed Kunena 6.0.3, over 5.2.9 version, once  I had manage to upgrade to J4. I hope that this way of doing has not created other issues.

Thank you
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by ita4012.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds