Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [K6] backend theme (template) issues

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #1 by ruud
Hi,
just started to test K6.
Congratulations on this new release: I can see that a lot of work has gone in it!

What I noticed is that in the backend you load a theme.min.css
This file should (IMO) only be used to make minor tweaks to the Joomla template css and bootstrap css
Currently it overrides almost everything which leads to a lot of 'conflicts'

e.g. you override the font used but that will also change the used font on the joomla menus / sidebar (you can see the font changing when switching from and to Kunena.
You override the color of bg-warning (from yellow to orange), but that will also override any warnings / alerts from the Joomla framework.
You override the drowdowns, but that breaks the joomla breakdown (see attached image).

So my advice is:
  1. stick to core bootstrap
  2. stick to joomla css
  3. only make changes in theme.min.css if there is no other way of achieving it, e.g. instead of changing bg-warning in css you can also use bg-orange (or define you own bg- class. Same for changing margin classes to get more padding: do not change mb-3 but use e.g. mb-5 as changing mb-3 will have unexpected impact on other things as well.
Hope this helps :)

fyi, there are a lot of warnings in the back-end (about svg) and all my categories are not displaying although it says I have 5 categories... need to find some more time to get it to actually work so I can test further. (this was an issue with a broken upgrade, just redid it and now the categories are present.)
If there is something you want me to look at specifically please let me know. Kunena is currently holding all my customers back from upgrading their sites to J4, so I want to help where possible with getting this out to production :)

sharing = caring
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by ruud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Thanks for your testing, we use the file theme.min.css for specific theming for Kunena in backend because the boostrap was too basic. You can look if you want to remove teh useless things in this file

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #3 by ruud
some small changes at least so it will not interfere with the Joomla Template: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/8980

sharing = caring
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by ruud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xillibit

More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
Thanks for the changes i have just merged it

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds