Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Install 6.0.0-RC1-DEV-GIT 2022-02-05 gives errors

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1 by Leen
in live site over existing version failed then returns error as with the previous version.
use PHP Version 8.0.14

In wamp again clean Joomla 4.0.6 installed and then gives after installing kunena first time problem with categories
when I disable the Kunena - Joomla Integration plugin then I can access and see the categories but can't set anything
and also that error message from kunena in database that cannot be repaired with fix button
An error has occurred.
Code:
0 Return value of KunenaAccessJoomla::getGroupName() must be of the type string or null, array returned Call stack #     Function     Location 1     ()     JROOT\plugins\kunena\joomla\access.php:152 2     KunenaAccessJoomla->getGroupName()     JROOT\plugins\kunena\joomla\access.php:89 3     KunenaAccessJoomla->getCategoryAccess()     JROOT\libraries\kunena\src\Access\KunenaAccess.php:412 4     Kunena\Forum\Libraries\Access\KunenaAccess->getCategoryAccess()     JROOT\administrator\components\com_kunena\src\Model\CategoriesModel.php:452 5     Kunena\Forum\Administrator\Model\CategoriesModel->getAdminCategories()     JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\View\AbstractView.php:146 6     Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\AbstractView->get()     JROOT\administrator\components\com_kunena\src\View\Categories\HtmlView.php:85 7     Kunena\Forum\Administrator\View\Categories\HtmlView->display()     JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:692 8     Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()     JROOT\administrator\components\com_kunena\src\Controller\DisplayController.php:66 9     Kunena\Forum\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display()     JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:730 10     Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()     JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher.php:146 11     Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()     JROOT\libraries\src\Component\ComponentHelper.php:389 12     Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()     JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:143 13     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()     JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:186 14     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()     JROOT\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php:278 15     Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()     JROOT\administrator\includes\app.php:63 16     require_once()     JROOT\administrator\index.php:32

L.v.d.A
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Leen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #2 by Leen
Very strange, but I still have a test site live and there I was able to install pkg_kunena_v6.0.0-RC1-DEV_2022-02-05.zip over existing ones,
but that database error stay overview. only difference
I know for sure is that communitybuilder is not installed.
Use PHP Version 7.4.27

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
2 years 2 months ago #3 by specialworld
I installed the version of 05-02-2022 on a fresh install and the problem persists. There is even no way to display categories.

More
2 years 2 months ago #4 by Leen
So when I delete the sql files in the "website\administrator\components\com_kunena\sql\updates\mysql\" the error message database is gone in administrator\Maintenance: Database.
but did you install the example kunena data ?
and does it indicate in kunena dashboard that there are categories.
and can you edit it there?

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 2 months ago #5 by specialworld
I solved the problem using the latest build of github by compiling it.
Basically I made a backup of the kunena tables and then I always made an upgrade to the tables using the sql

More
2 years 2 months ago #6 by xillibit

So when I delete the sql files in the "website\administrator\components\com_kunena\sql\updates\mysql\" the error message database is gone in administrator\Maintenance: Database.
but did you install the example kunena data ?
and does it indicate in kunena dashboard that there are categories.
and can you edit it there?

Do-you have tested with last build ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
2 years 2 months ago #7 by Leen
in a clean install (without Community Builder) it worked fine.
in my existing test website (with Community Builder) I can use the pkg_kunena_v6.0.0-RC1-DEV_2022-02-12.zip not installing still these messages
Code:
Warning JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Unknown column 'allow_anonymous' in 'cpflu_kunena_categories' Extension installation aborted. Package Update: There was an error installing an extension: com_kunena_v6.0.0-RC1-DEV.zip danger Error installing package

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 2 months ago #8 by carnalimr
Also getting this error when I try and install it:
Code:
  Warning JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Duplicate entry 'com_kunena.reply-' for key 'PRIMARY' Extension installation aborted. Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_kunena_v6.0.0-RC1-DEV.zip

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #9 by Leen
I put the test live site in wamp today.
Posts and Categories saved via phpmyadmin then uninstalled everything from kunena on the normal way.
then had a search in phpmyadmin for Kunena and there I found many remnants or references to things from Kunena.
I  having them removed from the database and when nothing more was found I was able to install the pkg_kunena_v6.0.0-RC1-DEV_2022-02-12.zip
 and afterwards install the kunena categories and topics etc again via phpmyadmin.
and now for the first time i see kunena forum in database overview

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
2 years 2 months ago #10 by xillibit
Try with the new build from today if you have still the issue

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds