Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Youtube video embedding results in blank post content

More
2 years 3 months ago #1 by cursulak
I have tried to embed a few youtube videos in a post. I tried a couple of different ways. 
The first is the built in embed tags [video] and the url in the middle, no luck. 
Then I tried using the source code side and embedding an iframe to play it with a src directive. I wasn't really expecting that one to work and it didn't. 
I also just tried putting the straight url in the text to see if auto detect in some way - nope, just gives a link. 

I'm using the link as a work around for now, however it's so much nicer to embed it.

There may be an issue where the site with Kunena is not SSL and of course youtube is. I don't think this should be an issue, it should pull fine, however could someone look into the embedding of video urls from Youtube and let me know what I'm missing here. 

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #2 by cursulak
Also looking into this on a sppagebuilder page, it is required that I turn off specific youtube cookies to have the video embed. 
sppagebuilder has a built in feature for this, however I don't think the standard video embed function of the forum has any control over this. 

More
2 years 3 months ago #3 by rich
I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this issue. It works for me with video tags as well as with video IDs.
Which version of Kunena use you?

More
2 years 3 months ago #4 by cursulak
6.0.0-BETA7-DEV-GIT
2022-01-05

Actually I think this and another issue are tied together. I posted in another post that topic popup menus are not functioning. I tested the menues in the default template they work so we thought it was a template issue. I worked with the template people for almost a week until we discovered it is actually a HelixUltimate framework issue. Perhaps this is related to that as well. I am not sure what can be done about this yet, but I did find this:
github.com/JoomShaper/Helix3/commit/3c52...b58e5be93339083b6f3a

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

With last nighty build, it remains one issue when putting directly a a link to youtube video in post then it doesn't embdedd the video in the post. It works only when using bbcode tags.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by xillibit.

More
2 years 2 months ago #6 by cursulak
Thanks good to know. I'll use bbcode tags for now. Appreciate the response.

More
2 years 2 months ago #7 by xillibit

More
2 years 2 months ago #8 by cursulak
Ok great, that appears to be the bbcode fix.
Will this be in the next build?

More
2 years 2 months ago #9 by xillibit
Hello,

I have just uploaded a new build (it's generated manually) that you can find in download, the fix is in this build.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds