Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Forum bounces back to main Joomla screen when submitting message.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by MrE
I have been using Kunena for years and this s the weirdest thing ever.
Using Joomla 4 (default Cassiopia Template) and the Beta 3 release of Kunena (Beta 2 didn't work).  
When entering a message two things I   It requires me to add a category instead of using the category I am in by default and, once I submit the message it loads the submitted message into the bottom of my main Joomla site (main page).  I can click on the "topic" for the message and it then takes me back to the full page Kunena forum page displaying the message.

, trying to switch back to the default template.  I don't get an error message persay, but I am locked into this template and can't get the default back.  Any idea on how to fix this manually?  Will it break if I delete the current template folder?

Thanks!

At wits   

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by rich

, trying to switch back to the default template.  I don't get an error message persay, but I am locked into this template and can't get the default back.  Any idea on how to fix this manually?  Will it break if I delete the current template folder?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean. Have you installed Joomla 4.0 in a sub folder? Which template folder you want to delete?

More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by MrE
Joomla 4  is installed in the public_html folder.  

Kunena has the default template which I cannot switch back to.  It is currently on a JoomShack JF_Simone template.  It is working, but I don't like the way it loads.  The default was better.  There just are not many free templates to test (safely).  I was just wondering if I deleted the JF_Simone template folder if that would break Kunena?  It won't let me set it back to the default Aurelia template.  I have backed everything

Thanks in advance for the assist.  If this was Joomla 3.9 I would be more comfortable, but Joomla 4 doesn't have the familiars I am used to.

More
2 years 6 months ago #4 by MrE
Here is a screen shot of what happens when I try to make Aurelia my default.  It's locked and changes the menu readout
Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #5 by rich
Mark the Aurelia checkbox and click on top of the star.

More
2 years 6 months ago #6 by MrE
I did that and it doesn't change.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #7 by rich
Try to rename the folder JF_Simone. But I'm not sure, if it switches automatically to Aurelia afterwards.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8 by MrE
I did that and it still shows up.  Something isn't updating I guess.

More
2 years 6 months ago #9 by MrE
Ok, I was able to rename the folders, got an error on the JS_Simone, but when I changed it back I was able to "uninstall" via the Extension Manager.  The weird thing now is that Aurelia is not marked as default and I get that bad screen re-write after I try to set it as default.  Weird re-write screen is attached.  This is what it looks like (see attached).  

Notice it is not "flagged" as default and when I do try to set it the screen re-writes like the prior screenshot and does nothing.

I am now noticing another issue, but will tackle that after I finish

Thanks again for the assist.

Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #10 by MrE
Ok, I finally got rid of the template that was stuck.
The problem I am having now is that I load the forum, but as soon as I click into a category it loads that string of topics back into the main Joomla screen. I have it set to open the forums in a new window with navigation. I want to forums to work outside the main Joomla screens.

If I had hair I'd pull it
Thanks in advance for the assist.

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds