Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Problem with avatar upload and preview post

More
3 years 6 months ago #1 by kunenauser40
Hi to all,
I have lastest Joomla (3.9.21) and latest kunena (5.1.19) installed.

I haven't noticed exactly when (but I'm sure 2-3 months ago there wasn't any problem), but I see that the preview post is not working (it displays blank grey page).

Also I received message from users that they cannot upload avatar, they browse for the avatar, they press "upload" and the default grey head avatar is still there always.

I searched for solution here, I changed in the configuration - Avatars the option "Default avatar type" from icon to image but still the same.
Also I noticed that if I select an avatar from the gallery of kunena instead of upload a new one, then it works, but if I try to do it from the "upload" option in my profile then it doesn't work so the users can only select an avatar from my gallery of kunena (I have uploaded some avatars myself if any user prefer these)

This is my configuration report if you can find what causes these 2 problems (preview post and avatar upload).

Thank you.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.19 | creationdate: 2020-08-15

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.19 | 2020-08-15 [ Tethys ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Yes, that's two known bugs. The avatar upload you can solve the problem for now, if you allow direct component access (Configuration -> tab General -> Direct Component Access = Yes).
For the second bug "preview" I have unfortunately no solution at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds