Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Sticky issue...

More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by xreliable
Sticky issue... was created by xreliable
I have a pretty weird one. When a topic is stickied and then later unstickied everything works fine EXCEPT for the administrator user. Unstickied topics continue to show as stickied in the topic list but only for my Administrator user. I tried figuring out where the sticky status of a topic is stored in the database but I don't see it in any of the kunena tables. Please advise. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Sticky issue...
Have you already tried to synchronize (Dashboard -> Tools -> Recount Statistics)?
Empty the browser cache too.
It's in the table #__kunena_topics the column "ordering" (value 1= sticky)

More
3 years 7 months ago #3 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic Sticky issue...
Thank you rich. I was able to identify these in the table. Changing them to 0 resolved the problem at least until the next time, however it does not explain what looks like a bug. The two issues are: 1) These topics were unstickied and for normal users they displayed as unstickied but for the admin user they still showed as stickied. 2) for the admin user on the topic itself the "sticky/unsticky" button had changed to "sticky" (i.e. it was showing that it was not stickied despite being stickied in the topic list) but in this table, it is set at 1

Yes I did the recount multiple times. I also emptied cache and did hard refreshes. I also tried on multiple browsers. Same results. I'm ok now since I can go into the db and fix it, but just fyi there is an issue here.
Thanks again,
Paul

More
3 years 7 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Sticky issue...
I've tried it, and maybe I found the cause.
Have you anytimes moved this topic? If you move a topic and you let a shadow topic on the old place, you have 2 entries in the database.
1x for the real topic and 1x for the shadow topic.
If you unsticky this topic, it changes only for the shadow topic the value to 0. For the real topic remain the value 1.
Can you confirm that your topic has been moved sometime?

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds