Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Kunena 5.1 - Exporting from 1 install to Import to another (Categories) - How?

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1 by TruthSword
Kunena 5.1 - Exporting from 1 install to Import to another (Categories) - How?

I have two identical Joomla installations (latest) with Kunena (latest) and I created 1 main forum + 3 sub forums.

I then exported the tables using phpmyadmin for _kunena_categories to .sql

I then edited the SQL query to exclude the creation of the table (without doing so; it will create an error) since it already exists.

Then once you do this and save. I switch over to the identical second installation which has zero categories in Kunena.

I then go back to phpmyadmin and switch the database to the second installation; then I import the modified .sql that I exported from the first installation.

This creates successfully the categories! YAY! This is what I wanted... however... when I click into "view one" as a user on the front-end... I run into problems.

I receive the following error:

404 Kunena view '' not found

... If I go to create a sub-category within the category that I cannot browse that was imported; it becomes visible and viewable to the front-end user. (Not the parent Category that was imported; but the newly created one that it is it's child).

What else needs to be modified in the exported .sql that will allow a seamless import without preventing the front end from viewing the imported categories?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Brandon Kastning
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by TruthSword.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds