Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.5 has been Released (22 Nov 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.5.5 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

Question J39x latest + PHP 7x latest + Kunena 5.x latest = "Deprecated: Array and..."...

More
3 months 1 day ago - 3 months 1 day ago #1 by TruthSword
J39x latest + PHP 7x latest + Kunena 5.x latest =

Hey everyone! Latest Kunena is generating errors on Index View (Home) view of the Kunena Forums.

Example can be seen here: https://alabama.wethepeopleonline.com/alabama-state-assemblages/alabama-state-assemblage/https://alabama.wethepeopleonline.com/alabama-state-assemblages/alabama-state-assemblage/

4 Different Error Lines referred:

Full Error:
Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in [APACHE2.4.X-DATA-PATH]/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 749

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in [APACHE2.4.X-DATA-PATH]/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 1860

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in [APACHE2.4.X-DATA-PATH]/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2519

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in [APACHE2.4.X-DATA-PATH]/libraries/vendor/leafo/lessphp/lessc.inc.php on line 2573

Does anyone know how I could manually patch these lines? I am guessing this has to do with something in the latest PHP 7.4.x. This also was displaying before the 5.2.19 upgrade from 5.2.18.

Thanks for any assistance.

P.S. - It is doing this on all 50 states (subdomains) all separate Joomla Installations isolated from one another.

Best Regards,

Brandon
Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by TruthSword. Reason: added some stuff needed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 day ago #2 by TruthSword

More
3 months 1 day ago - 3 months 1 day ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

In our case it's the library coming from Joomla! which have this issue, Kunena have the same library with the fixes : libraries/kunena/external/lessc/lessc.php. In Joomla! 4.0 this library has been removed, but it stays like that in Joomla! 3.9 and 3.10

I have opened an issue on Joomla! repository : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/30452

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 3 months 1 day ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TruthSword

More
3 months 11 hours ago #4 by TruthSword

xillibit wrote: Hello,

In our case it's the library coming from Joomla! which have this issue, Kunena have the same library with the fixes : libraries/kunena/external/lessc/lessc.php. In Joomla! 4.0 this library has been removed, but it stays like that in Joomla! 3.9 and 3.10

I have opened an issue on Joomla! repository : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/30452

xillibit,

Thank you for letting me know this and for opening an issue on the Joomla repository.

Best Regards,

Brandon

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #5 by xillibit
The library lessc.php is abandonned so it won't be fixed by the owner of it and it won't be fixed neither by Joomla! .BTW it's removed in Joomla! 4.0

Last edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by xillibit.

More
6 days 13 hours ago #6 by CRecalde

xillibit wrote: The library lessc.php is abandonned so it won't be fixed by the owner of it and it won't be fixed neither by Joomla! .BTW it's removed in Joomla! 4.0

Does this mean that we are supposed to swap the Joomla code with the version from Kunena? Is there a recommendation that does not require over-writing the Joomla distribution? All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
C.

More
5 days 8 hours ago - 5 days 8 hours ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

In most cases the lessc.php library from Joomla! and loaded and not one from Kunena, so the temporary fix should be to copy lessc.php from Kunena into Joomla!...
The only way is use a namespaced one on Kunena like that it should load only this one in Kunena, not sure if it work in J!3.9 or use another library in Kunena : issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/30569#event-553016 . So finally, Joomla! has made a fork of dead lessc.php : github.com/joomla-backports/lessphp/tree/dev-joomla3-php8 to keep supporting in J!3.9/3.10

Last edit: 5 days 8 hours ago by xillibit.

More
4 days 22 hours ago #8 by ruud
Hi, Kunena should apply namespacing to avoid these issues with (unwillingly / random) shared libraries. just my 2cts

sharing = caring

More
2 days 12 hours ago - 2 days 12 hours ago #9 by xillibit
In Kunena 6.0 (the version which is made for Joomla! 4.0 and beyond) we have done a huge work to move all Kunena code to namespace, but now on Joomla! 3.9.23 the change to update the lessc.php library in Joomla! has been merged : github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/31428 . Not tested yet Kunena 5.2 dev or K5.1.19 with Joomla! 3.9.23-RC but i think it should solve the issue

Last edit: 2 days 12 hours ago by xillibit.

More
2 days 11 hours ago #10 by rich

xillibit wrote: Not tested yet Kunena 5.2 dev or K5.1.19 with Joomla! 3.9.23-RC but i think it should solve the issue

I've tested it with both Kunena versions on Joomla 3.9.23-rc. Yes, it solves this issue.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds