Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How to quickly empty messages in the Trash ?

More
5 years 3 days ago #1 by baijianpeng
I am running Kunena 5.1.10 on Joomla 3.9.4 .

Recent days I got thousands of spam messages on my forum. I trashed most of them. But when I tried to empty the trash, it can not be emptied.

Could you please tell me how to quickly empty the Kunena trash? For example, via phpMyAdmin, which table should I emptied?

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 day ago #2 by rich

But when I tried to empty the trash, it can not be emptied.

Why not?

For example, via phpMyAdmin, which table should I emptied?

It's the lines of the table #_kunena_messages with the column value hold = 2

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
Thank you @rich. I checked again, when the method is "topic" instead of "messages" on the Trash Manager page, then after I click the "Purge Items" button, there will show "0 items", and I can not delete any item. But if I choose "messages" as the filter, I can delete messages there.

However, I also noticed one thing: If I choose the batch number as "100", and try to delete 100 items once, I can see CPU usage from MySQL soared to "87%" on my server, this can be observed via the "top" command of the Linux server. Think about it, only 100 items, 100 items costs so high MySQL usage! If I choose "ALL" as the batch number filter, I will get "500 error" since this task can not be executed.

But I finally choose to delete those spam messages on the Trash Manager instead of phpMyAdmin, because I am afraid I will destroy my Kunena if I use phpMyAdmin. That is not an individual table as I imagined. I thought there should be a tabled named "#_kunena_trash" but not.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by baijianpeng.

More
4 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
Yes, you're right, manipulations in the database are always a risk. I've also noticed, when I delete many spam posts, that it takes some time. Therefore I delete the spam messages during the user ban in the frontend permanently. Then we have not so many messages in the trash.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds