Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena menu bar disapears

More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by sarrene
Good day,
I have a rather perplexing problem. I am working on a new updated site and moving one of our games forums over from phpbb3 to kunena. ( I have used Kunena since the first iteration years ago).

My problem is this, when I disable the jump box, i also lose the kunena menu. I am not sure how or why. I have done several tests and reinstalled several times to no avail. This is 100% reproducible for me on two different servers and development/test sites.

Steps I have taken:
- Deleted the alias in my main menu (and dumped the trash)
-- then create new alias in my main menu
- Rebuilt the Kunena Menu
- Deleted the Kunena menu
-- then used the Rebuild menu option
- Uninstalled Kunena and removed all db tables
- Reinstalled Kunena (and no menu with a reinstall of kunana
- read many many threads and followed the Kunena Menu info on the documentation many times.

The only thing that works at first is a full clean install of Joomla and then Kunena. As soon as I disable the jump box, I lose the menu for good.

I have tested with custom templates as well as both Crypsis templates. I have tried with a fresh Joomla install using protostar (no custom edits or anything touched)

No other components or plugins installed.

Kunena version on two test sites: 5.1.9

Please note I have an older version on a few live sites (I have not updated to the latest yet) that does not have this issue. Could this be something I am missing or something up with this latest version?
I am at this time at a complete loss.

Thank you and regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena menu bar disapears
You mean the setting option "Enable Category Jump"? Please create a configuration report, maybe I can reproduce this problem.
If you want to disable this category jump, you can do it also with a workaround. Add this following code in your Kunena template custom.less

Code:
select#catid { display: none; }

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by sarrene
Replied by sarrene on topic Kunena menu bar disapears
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : charity | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: January 28th, 2019

Kunena default template details : Kcombo | author: Roundtheme | version: 2.0.0 | creationdate: 09/11/2018

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.9 | 2019-02-15 [ Kerberos ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena menu bar disapears
As long the error is not localisated, please use both default templates Protostar and Crypsis. But I see in your Kcombo template options 3 different enabled bootstrap.css
Maybe you find here the problem. Are the menu items also lost in the mobile view?

More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by sarrene
Replied by sarrene on topic Kunena menu bar disapears
Good afternoon,
Thanks for the reply. I was using both default templates, and every single combination I could think of. the menu is present in mobile view.

For now, I just hard coded it into a custom html file to get around this. I have no idea what is going on. Both servers are up to date and I do not have the problem with the other sites using Kunena. It is completely baffling to me.

Still baffled!

p.s.
For other users with a similar question: (something I did not add in the above)
One other thing for anyone that might have similar (this is also not my problem) and for them to look into: Check your server cache settings as well. If you have any caching or something similar, dump/refresh and try again. For me, this was and always is the first thing I try.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds