Kunena 5.1.13 Released (Yesterday)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.13 [K 5.1.13] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

Question 5.1.8 - User @mentions dropdown only search small portion of user base

More
6 months 2 days ago #1 by Llarian
Testing Kunena for a potential phpBB migration, and one of the most requested features is @mentions to notify users when they are tagged in a post.

This appears to be supported now, but when typing in the editor @<username>, the search box that appears only seems to be searching on a very small portion of the userbase. (Oddly, only users whose username begins with a number of non-alpha character).

I don't see any configuration information for this feature, am I missing something here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 1 day ago #2 by rich
The user get currently no notify if you add a mention in a message. It seems it is only a auto completion and the small portion of user base is hard coded in the edit.js
/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/assets/js/edit.js line 134

More
5 months 4 weeks ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #3 by mikerotec
Is there a item in settings somewhere to DISABLE this?? In its current state, this is very misleading to the users ( who might be used to it in other forums, and think it actually works here too...)
Last edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by mikerotec.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #4 by rich
There is no setting for this. You can comment out this code with /* at the beginning and at the end with */

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5 by xreliable
Hi, I am looking for this feature. I checked the edit.js in both crypsis and blue eagle 5 which I am using. It seems to be disabled but the code is not commented out. How do I enable this in Blue Eagle 5?

Also it would be great if this was integrated into the quoting...

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds