Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question The Create Account link on LogIn dropdown started redirecting 2 my site homepage

More
5 years 6 months ago #1 by DSinOR
I broke Kunena by building the menu wrong: I didn't use the Menu Item Alias technique when I built the site.

For the first day of operation (while I was running the site broken with improper Menu setup), the Log In box worked perfectly. It displayed a Registration Form on a new blank page, and the form worked.

Then it broke, and started redirecting users to my site homepage when they clicked the Create Account button, and it displays the Registration form below-the-fold of the homepage, so people don't even know the form is there when they get redirected. So they just quit and leave the site.

Then I fixed the Menu Alias problem, and I used the Tools / Menu Manager to restore the Kunena menu, and now everything appears to work properly EXCEPT the Create Account button. The Log In functions all work. But the Create Account button is still doing the strange redirect with Reg Form below-the-fold. Below is my Config Report.

What is the recommended solution? Thanks.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : t3_bs3_blank | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.3.0 | creationdate: July 05 2018

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.5 | creationdate: 2018-10-14

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.5 | 2018-10-14 [ Rhea ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #2 by Pinkeltje
You can probably solve this by creating a hidden menu-item (type user registation).

More
5 years 6 months ago #3 by DSinOR
Thanks for your reply! :-)
I have been at this thing for hours and hours.
I would love it if you could post a few steps for how to do that, and what to expect as an outcome.
I'll start on it, but steps would be great!
THANKS

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #4 by Pinkeltje
www.joomshaper.com/blog/how-to-create-hi...menu-items-in-joomla
Outcome is that you now have a menu-item to which you can assign (or not) specific modules.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Pinkeltje.

More
5 years 6 months ago #5 by DSinOR
I'll check this out.
Kunena comes with a Log In feature, which is sometimes somehow redundant with the joomla log in feature, and i worked around that on Day 1.
If I take the approach you recommend, what happens to the Log In feature that sits on the Kunena menu bar on the Forum page?
I don't understand how this all integrates.
Thanks for your help!

More
5 years 6 months ago #6 by Pinkeltje
Kunena integrates Joomla user registration and login. So nothing happens.

More
5 years 6 months ago #7 by DSinOR
OK, that was incredibly simple and quick.

Thank you.

We only just met, but I feel like we could be best friends forever, or at least until you finished the beer I bought you, and then we could just part ways. I'll let you decide.

Soooo new best friend, did you see my other thread?

More
5 years 6 months ago #8 by rich
Can I mark this topic as solved?

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds