Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Custom.less not working after upgrade to 5.1.3

More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by GJSchaller
I upgraded one of my sites to Kunena 5.1.3, and noticed after this was done all of the CSS from Custom.less was no longer being applied. The contents of the file (and the file) still exist, but it doesn't seem to be calling on the Custom file after the upgrade.

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
Knight Realms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
Yes, you're right, it lacks the import for the custom less. I will add it in the bug list.
Edit the crypsis.less and add this code at the last place (red marked).

#kunena.layout {
@import 'variables.less';
@import 'quirks.less';
@import 'general.less';
@import 'editor.less';
@import 'icons.less';
@import 'user.less';
@import 'profile.less';
@import 'categories.less';
@import 'mediaqueries.less';
@import 'twitter.less';
@import 'custom.less';
/* @import 'debug'; */

More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by ruud

More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by rich
Hello ruud!

It's not the same bug. Your solution solves the pointing to wrong location for generated kunena-custom.css
/components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/assets/kunena-custom.css 404 (Not Found)

The problem here:
If you have a custom.less, it needs the import, otherwise the codes will not displayed unless you use for all codes !important at the end.
That's why you need the line @import 'custom.less'; in the crypsis.less
But Kunena 5.1 replaced the complete crypsis.less now also if you have already a custom.less.
Therfore you can't see anymore your customized changes if you upgrade.

More
5 years 5 months ago #5 by unker
Hi there,

I#ve just updated to 5.1.5 and have the same issue. All my customisations are not applied anymore, it just looks terrible now.

In the crypsis.less the import of custom.less is present.

I would appreciate if somebody has a solution.

More
5 years 5 months ago #6 by rich
I've tested it and noticed a strange behavior. If you install the nightly build (on bottom on our download page) it works. If you go back from the DEV version to Kunena 5.1.5 it still works. It seems that this error occurs only during an upgrade.
Try to install Kunena 5.1.5 again, maybe a file would have not correctly installed. If does not help, you can also install the nightly build Kunena 5.1.6-DEV.
But create a backup previously.

More
5 years 5 months ago #7 by ruud
Hi,

I have encountered this 'issue' my self several times when upgrading the various kunena versions.

Some version requires the entries in custom.less to start with the kunena identifier #kunena.layout

e.g.
Code:
#kunena.layout .label-nobug { background-color: #32c032; }

this version automatically applies that identifier so you need to remove it again from the custom.less files
Code:
.label-nobug { background-color: #32c032; }

I have no clue as to why this is happening / why this is changed between versions?

sharing = caring
The following user(s) said Thank You: rich

More
5 years 5 months ago #8 by rich
I've tested it again now, you're right. Thats was not always so. Therefore I gave in my earlier css proposals always codes such as .layout#kunena .topictitle {color: red; }, otherwise the changes were often only visible with "!important".
This seems the problem now. In principle the custom.less (only since K5.1.5) works now as it should.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #9 by unker
Hi rich,

I've just tested it with the 5.1.6-DEV and it is still the same. Nothing from custom.less is implemented. :(

Joomla 3.9, php 7.1.1

Additional:
I shifted the content from custom.less to custom.css and now everything looks as it should.

I guess this shouldn't be the way, right?

Best Regards
Hartmut
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by unker. Reason: Additional finding

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #10 by rich
In principle it should work with the custom.less. The user ruud has posted the solution (2 messages before). www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/154334...rade-to-5-1-3#204926
But in principle it's no matter if you use css or less.
The advantage from the custom.less, you need less of the codes. Less codes should bring a better performance for the page.

Example:
If you want change the user color in your custom.css you need
Code:
#kunena.layout .kwho-user { color: red; }
and in the custom.less (when it works correct) should be this enough
Code:
.kwho-user { color: red; }
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds