Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Error page when clicking on some categories

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #1 by fabio42170
Hello,
I am posting this message here in order to be enlightened about an issue that has been strangely going on on my website.
Here's the situation. I created a new website from scratch. I had a website working on a Joomla 2.5 basis but decided (instead of updating from 2.5 to 3.8) to start all over again. So, I installed Jooma and then Kunena
version of Joomla : freshly installed 3.8.10
kunena : freshly installed version 5.1.2
I then tried to import the old dabatase Kunena tables of my former website into the new Kunena database. Did work except that for some links on my website I got this message :
"The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."
So, after trying to fix the issue with kunena forum prescriptions (checking the links, the menus, the SEO options, and so on), I decided to unsinstall kunena and reinstall. I just had the sample data (Welcome Mat, Suggestion box). Clicking on the first category goes right, clicking on the second has the erro message appear. I tried to create another category, and same issue. Error page. Why on earth does the first category link work and not the others ?
I've been trying so many tricks now that I'm desperate for a clear solution. This really annoys me as that's the only part of the website which does NOT work. I never had such problems with kunena before.
Can someone PLEASE help me ?
Thanks in advance !
Fabio
My config :
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : g5_helium | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 5.4.24 | creationdate: July 4, 2018

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.2 | creationdate: 2018-07-15

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.2 | 2018-07-15 [ Charon ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by fabio42170.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #2 by fabio42170
Well, next episode (but not last ?)
I decided to revert to an older version of kunena (3.0.0), one which worked perfectly on my former website. Well, fantastic, everything works great ! so, I moved on to 5.0.14. Works plain-sailing as well, but there is an icon problem for some categories : in my templates in version 5.1.2, some icons were displayed in green (most probably because topics had been consulted once ?), well, in version 5.0.14, the icons do not display at all !:(
Anyway, I think I just uncovered a bug in version 5.1.2. One thing i know for sure is that the categories which produce this error page have no topics inside. And there's also the "main forum" link which does not work. If any developer would like to contact me , I would be delighted to test, replicate and help !
To be continued
Fabio
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by fabio42170.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #3 by fabio42170
Back to the forum and still noone for some help ?
Yesterday, I uninstalled Kunena 5.0.14 and deleted the tables in my database. Deleted my item menu in my Main menu (and emptied the bin). Then, I installed the latest version thinking the situation would be better. (Kunena 5.1.3). Recreated the menu in my main menu pointing to the Index menu of the Kunena Menu (using the process of the menu item alias)
Alas, to no avail. Everytime I click on a section (containing or not a category) or a category without any topics inside it, I get the error message.
I tried to recreate the Kunena menu, but nope, it won't do.
Where do I go wrong ?
Anyone to help pleaaaase !!!??? :(
Thanks in advance !

Here's my config :

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : g5_helium | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 5.4.24 | creationdate: July 4, 2018

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.3 | creationdate: 2018-08-19

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.3 | 2018-08-19 [ Dione ]

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by fabio42170.

More
5 years 8 months ago #4 by fabio42170
Replied by fabio42170 on topic Kunena 5.1.3 Released
Hello,
I keep getting a "the page isn't redirecting properly" browser error whenever I click on the names of sections (empty or with a category inside) or of categories. All the other links work perfectly. The last version of kunena working for me is 5.0.14. What could have changed between this version and the others ? If I revert to 5.0.14 everything works fine. Why so ?
I already posted a topic about that and I've been waiting for answers. Any help is welcome (no need to mention that I consulted and applied everything that was in the links published by sozzled a long time ago on SEO settings & menu creations, and I also double checked for menu aliases that would be causing that, in vain).
Thanks a lot in advance !!
Fabio
PS : in case, my kunena settings

Kunena menu details:

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.3 | creationdate: 2018-08-19

Kunena template params:

More
5 years 8 months ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Kunena 5.1.3 Released
@fabio42170 could you create a new topic, do you have any sef component installed?

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #6 by fabio42170
Hello,
No SEF component installed.
I created a new topic (as you asked me to) in the "Suggest" category. Tell me if you wish me to create a topic in any other category.
Thanks.

More
5 years 8 months ago #7 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Kunena 5.1.3 Released

Tell me if you wish me to create a topic in any other category.
Thanks.

I've merged and moved the topic in the right category.

Something is different between your page and the configuration report. The link in your main menu (on top) goes to the index, but as per configuration report it should go to the recent topics page.
Please check your menu structure, it seems you have menu items in the trash or menu items with other permissions with the same target.

And choose in the Alias menu item on top (4u2speak) as target the option "Forum". If you want to change the landing page to the Index, do it in the kunena menu see here .

More
5 years 8 months ago #8 by fabio42170
Thanks for answering.
I tried what you did :
- indeed in my main menu, there was an unpublished Forum menu which is automatically generated when rebuilding the Kunena Menu (thanks to the configuration menu rebuild option). I deleted it and then deleted the trash.
- I checked for "menu items with other permissions with the same target" but couldn't find any at all. (not in my main menu nor in any other menu)
- I then deleted my 4u2speak menu in the main menu. And deleted the trash.
- I followed the kunena guidelines for users to land on the index when they will click on 4u2speak (by using the link : docs.kunena.org/en/faq/kunena-menu )
- I recreated my 4u2speak link in my main menu using an alias menu item pointing to Forum.

I still get the error message just on sections. :( :(

Here's my config again after the changes I've made :

Kunena menu details:

Kunena template params:

Thanks for your patience and your help in advance.
Fabio

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #9 by rich
I see now, you use Search Engine Friendly URLs and Url Rewriting. This works on your platform only, if you have a .htaccess file. Go in your root folder (Joomla) and rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess (do not forget the leading “.” character).
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by rich.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #10 by fabio42170
I do have a ".htaccess" file at the root of my joomla folder. Here is its content :

For information, my joomla website is in the joomla folder, not at the root, that's why the Rewrite base is /joomla (no need to mention but just in case)
Actually, what surprises me most is that I had a joomla website 2.5 prior to the one I am using now. I had the same pattern and same parameters. And worst (!), my menu item in my main menu worked perfectly even with an item alias pointing to Index directly. I even had the unpublished Forum menu belonging to Kunena in my main menu. And with those unrecommended parameters, everything worked smoothly.
How come that with Kunena 5.0.14 (on my joomla 3.8.11 website) , the forum works perfectly and not with the 5.1.3 ? So weird.
Well, if you see anything else that could be wrong, I am all ears because it's beyond me.
If you wish to have admin access to further investigate I can lend you a temporary account, if it helps B)
Looking forward to a solution.
Fabio

Time to create page: 0.761 seconds