Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Ban user (front end) not working with Kunena 5.1.2

More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by Webguy99
I have a site with Joomla 3.8.10 and Kunena 5.1.2. I'm logged in on the front end and try to ban a user, nothing happens (no errors even after I change error reporting to max/dev).

So in more detail, this is what happened;
1. I'm logged in as site admin then click on a forum user to display their profile.
2. Click on New Ban, I choose a date and type in a public and private reason then click the New Ban button.
3. It then displays the homepage, no errors (even with max/dev error reporting and debug enabled).
4. I then look at that forum user and they are not banned.

Banning users via the back end works but that doesn't allow me to enter a date or reason why.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_ricochet | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: February 22, 2015

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.0-RC3-DEV | creationdate: 2017-08-30

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.2 | 2018-07-15 [ Charon ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1 | Kunena Stats 5.1.1 | Kunena Login 5.1.1 | Kunena Search 5.1.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
Yes, there is a bug if you ban a user only from the Forum. It's already in the bug list. github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/6023

More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by Webguy99
Thanks rich. In future I'll just post bugs I find in that list, not here. I was unsure if it was recognized / confirmed as a bug in that list but I guess once it has a proper 'Bug' label added then I can assume the bug has been confirmed?

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds