Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Massive Problems since update 5.1.0

More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by Ratman
Hi all.

I am running a small Joomla-site (roguewatches.de) with a kunena forum to discuss topics about watches, watchbands, tools etc. Since I updates Joomla and Kunena to the latest versions I've got massive problems Kunena. I can navigate to the whole site, run throught the backend, change configurations etc... everything runs smooth and fast so far. But when I try to open a thread in Kunena, it takes a veeery long time until the thread shows. If the thread has only one post, it takes about 5 - 10 Seconds until the post shows up. But if the thread has more posts, it takes minutes (!) until the thread opens and if it takes too long, I'll run into a timeout.

When I try to open a thread and wait for the posts to show, I can't even use the backend, it feels like if the server is completely stalled. But I am running a second Joomla installation on the same server (ratman.net), and while the roguewatches.de site is still trying to load the thread, I can browse through the ratman.net site without any flaw.

Here's the config report from kunena.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : joomlage0111-Sketch | author: Joomlage.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: April 2016

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: 2017-09-02

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.0 | 2018-05-13 [ Ariel ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.1.4 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

I hope anyone can help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
You use many wrong configured Kunena menu items. Please read this:
www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/151266...u-post-your-question

More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by Ratman

rich wrote: You use many wrong configured Kunena menu items. Please read this:
www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/151266...u-post-your-question

As always: You are absolutely right! I deleted the old Kunena menu items, re-created the Kunena menu in the backend and linked it into my menu structure. Now the loading times of my forum threads are much much better.

I noticed that threads with many pictures take noticably longer to load than text-only threads. Is there a way to speed-up loading of threads with many pictures? Maybe you could visit my site and judge yourself if the loading times are ok. A good example is this thread-> KLICK!

New Config report:

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : joomlage0111-Sketch | author: Joomlage.com | version: 2.0 | creationdate: April 2016

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: 2017-09-02

Kunena template params:

More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by rich
What did you do? Now are all menu items wrong. The menu items must be in the Kunena menu. Then you must create additional associated Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias in your main menu.
Click on the links in this linked message and you can see the right steps: www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/151266...u-post-your-question

Please remove also not needed menu items from the trash. Trashed menu items can still cause problems.

Maybe you could visit my site and judge yourself if the loading times are ok. A good example is this thread-> KLICK!

I'm sorry, I can't see this topic, there is a fatal error.

Offtopic:
You should use a SSL certificate, your page will be displayed as unsafe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #5 by Ratman
Hm... I think now I know what you mean. I'm not supposed to move the whole Kunena menu into my mainmenu, but leave the Kunena menu as is and just put an Alias to the Kunena menu into my mainmenu, right?

So I did now and the page loading times decreased a lot again B) Hope this is OK now.

And yes, I got a fatal error. I tried to clean up a little bit and uninstall some components and modules that I don't need no more. After uninstalling the "EventGallery" component I noticed that Joomla just shows a white page. After browsing the errorlogs I could see that some system components still tried to call the Eventgallery.php.

After some hours of fiddling around with that I managed to re-install the EventGalley and the site is up and running again.

SSL-Certificate is planned, but there's no need to hurry. It is only a small Forum, no personal data from users and no confidential information. So in this case encryption is nice, but no must-have :)

Kunena menu details:

Kunena template params:

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Ratman.

More
5 years 9 months ago #6 by rich

Hm... I think now I know what you mean. I'm not supposed to move the whole Kunena menu into my mainmenu, but leave the Kunena menu as is and just put an Alias to the Kunena menu into my mainmenu, right?

Yes that's right. :) Now are the menu items ok and your page should work.

And yes, I got a fatal error. I tried to clean up a little bit and uninstall some components and modules that I don't need no more.

Yes, many things can cause fatal errors, amongst other things also wrong configured menu items.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ratman

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds