Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Styles disappearing

More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by btc
Styles disappearing was created by btc
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : business_pro | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: August 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: 2020-03-31

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.19 | 2020-08-15 [ Tethys ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.4.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.2 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.2 | Kunena Search 5.1.1

Something odd happened to the forum pages on my website some time between yesterday afternoon and this morning. The styles went completely awry. I eventually tracked the problem down to the file media/kunena/cache/blue_eagle5/css/kunena.css, which had no content. When I copied the content of the same file from a backup the styles were restored. However, within a few minutes the kunena.css file was empty again.

I've done a work round by copying the content of the backed-up version of kunena.css into a new file, which I've also called kunena.css but have uploaded to a different folder. I then copied the contents of com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/assets/css/custom.css into the bottom of the new kunena.css and edited my main website template index.php file so that the new stylesheet is added when a Kunena page is loaded. But presumably this isn't an optimum solution?

I don't understand why the css cache file is being emptied of content. I did not make any changes to the website at yesterday or today before I encountered the issue. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Styles disappearing
I think you mean your user defined style is gone. I'm right? Changes in the cache make no sense because this data is constantly being updated.
If you want user defined changes do it in the custom.less or css.
You also don't need to adjust the template index.php, because Kunena finds the correct file itself if you edit the custom.css or less via the backend.
docs.kunena.org/en/manual/backend/templates/edit-less

More
3 years 7 months ago #3 by btc
Replied by btc on topic Styles disappearing
Thanks Rich,

No, it was the exact opposite. My small number of custom styles in components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle5/assets/css/custom.css were being applied, but no other Kunena-specific styles were present.

The kunena.css file in the cache folder was being updated, but every time was updated to just being empty.

However, I've now downloaded the Kunena installation package and run it and, after some clearing of caches, things are now working fine. So I guess it was a server problem. A corrupted file?

I should have done the reinstallation first before posting to the forum. Apologies for wasting your time!

More
3 years 7 months ago #4 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Styles disappearing
It's no problem, we are happy to help. You're right, it seems this file has been corrupted. In this case it's the best way to remove the complete file, because if you remove the content from the cache, you need only a page refresh and a new kunena.css with content will be created.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds