Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Avatar Upload fails with a fresh 5.1.17 install and Crypsisb3

More
3 years 9 months ago #1 by Toolie
Hi there, my Kunena forum is a fresh installation on a current Joomla site that has all its updates. I have turned off Guest access and limited the forum to Registered users only. I think I've selected everything correctly, but I am not able to upload an avatar even though it's 100px square and the file upload size restriction for an avatar is 1MB (plenty of space). My issue may be similar to the following thread, but I am using the Crypsisb3 template instead.

www.kunena.org/forum/k5-1-support/154646...-since-k-5-1?start=0

The Upload Avatar button appears, it displays the filename, but when I hit Save, the photo is not displayed and the default icon remains. Can you advise?

Here is my support info:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jsn_decor2_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 1.1.2 | creationdate: 04/22/2020

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.17 | creationdate: 2020-06-09

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.17 | 2020-06-09 [ Quaoar ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.2 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.2

Modules: Kunena Stats 5.1.2 | Kunena Login 5.1.2 | Kunena Search 5.1.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
I see in your configuration report you've entered imagesize = 1M and filesize = 4M. But this value should be entered in kB (only the value). Maybe therefore you have an upload problem?

More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by Toolie
  • I changed the values to Kb, and that did not work.
  • I changed (chmod) the permissions on the /media/kunena/avatars/users folder to 0777 and that didn't work.
  • I tried first Removing the no-photo avatar and then uploading my 100px square photo, and that did not work.
  • I am on an AWS EC2 server over which I have complete control. I know that sometimes the permissions on EC2 virtual servers can be tricky, but that does not appear to be the issue, given that the rest of Joomla can access and operate with the permissions as they are.

Any other ideas?

More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by rich
I've detected a bug which is related to profile edit. github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/6852
It is being checked if this can cause your problem too.

More
3 years 9 months ago #5 by Toolie
It sure sounds like that might be my issue. I shall await your assessment. Thank you for such prompt responses.

More
3 years 9 months ago #6 by rich
The error is fixed. You can wait for the next release or you can also test whether this fix solves your problem. github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/12...94ce99fbf4275b23931b

More
3 years 9 months ago #7 by Toolie
Yes, that fix seems to work. I had to tweak a few permissions on the folder, but now I can upload files and the avatar displays.

When do you expect to release this as a formal fix?

More
3 years 9 months ago #8 by rich

When do you expect to release this as a formal fix?

You can upgrade, the version with this fix have been released.

More
3 years 9 months ago #9 by Toolie
I have upgraded, thank you! I really appreciate the prompt responses.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds