Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved fatal error...

More
4 years 9 months ago #1 by mikerotec
fatal error... was created by mikerotec
"Exception throw at line 665 in file /var/www/html/wsvr/html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php with message Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='"

Whoops! not sure how that happened ( never seen before...)

running Kunena 5.1.12.1 | 2019-04-22 [ Kerberos ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic fatal error...
Hello,

Joomla in last version use tables in utf8mb4_general, the issue is that you have still tables in utf8_general. To fix this i think is to convert collations on tables to utf8mb4_general

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

More
4 years 3 days ago #3 by freri030
Replied by freri030 on topic fatal error...

mikerotec wrote: "Exception throw at line 665 in file /var/www/html/wsvr/html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php with message Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='"

Whoops! not sure how that happened ( never seen before...)

running Kunena 5.1.12.1 | 2019-04-22 [ Kerberos ]

I have the same problem, but noticeably from 1 user's account.

I am using: Joomla 3.9.15 and Kunena 5.1.16

"Exception throw at line 665 in file \/home\/wimfrwz132\/domains\/maagdarmstoornis.nl\/public_html\/v2\/libraries\/joomla\/database\/driver\/mysqli.php with message Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='"

More
3 years 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic fatal error...
Hello,

You have some entries which aren't in utf8mb4, so look here : www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...board?start=0#209337

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 11 months ago #5 by freri030
Replied by freri030 on topic fatal error...
I found the problem. When creating a new database in direct admin, different collisions are created per database. I now have the correct utf8mb4 and think the problem is solved.

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds