Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved The last post and new posts in topic.

More
4 years 5 months ago #21 by rich

And what says your programmers about that, that button, "last post" does not work on the forum Kunena itself (see post #18)?

I'm sorry but I can't not confirm this error. If you click on Last Post you get the correctly message. This difference in the address is only, when a topic has more than one page.

Or depends the work of forum on the operating system (I have Windows 10 Pro) and a such situation have not repeated by you

It's no matter which operating system you use. But now I have something noticed, maybe which can cause the problem.

The title of topics are different with the real addresses. Example:
Code:
Литературная кладовая Портвейна
linked to
Code:
literaturnaya-kladovaya-portvejna

It seems, the address paths are not correct translated. Go to the Joomla Global Configuration and set the option Unicode Aliases to Yes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #22 by lemur

rich wrote: If you click on "Last Post" you get the correctly message. This difference in the address is only, when a topic has more than one page.

OK, it so.
Now this thread has 3 pages. And if I click on "Last Post", then I can't get to the first and second pages with using Start, Prev, [1], [2], only with using of Recent Topics. The same problem on my website.
Probably should include it in the "To do" list.

By the way, I would not be so insistent on the topic of the "Last post" button on a Russian site, if on the German site this button would not work flawlessly.

Although I gave examples above, I will give one here.

When you click on "Last Post" in the topic with URL
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...nko-obzor-knigi/1296
, you get to the first post of the topic. Here the URL has a slash ("/") sign before the post number at the end of URL.

On the German site, instead of the last slash sign in the URL of any "Last Post", there is a # sign.

If I manually change in the above URL the slash sign on the # sign in the address bar
ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...nko-obzor-knigi#1296
, then Kunena will correctly display the last post.

Maybe programmers of Kunena tell me, which file creates the end of the URL? I will try to compare this file on German and Russian sites and, if possible, make them the same.

rich wrote: It seems, the address paths are not correct translated. Go to the Joomla Global Configuration and set the option Unicode Aliases to Yes.

Thanks. The problem is not affected.
But we have already discussed this :)). Then the URL at copying contains sequences of type ru.geschichte-chronologie.de/index.php/f...1%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80- ...
So I left the option Unicode Aliases to No.

----
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : beez3_j39_ru | author: Angie Radtke | version: 3.1.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: 2018-12-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.15 | 2019-10-27 [ Oberon ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.4.2 | UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1 | Kunena Stats 5.1.1

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:
Many thanks to Rich and the other advisors.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by lemur.

More
4 years 5 months ago #23 by rich

Now this thread has 3 pages. And if I click on "Last Post", then I can't get to the first and second pages with using Start, Prev, [1], [2], only with using of Recent Topics. The same problem on my website.
Probably should include it in the "To do" list.

I can reproduce this on your page but here in this topic it works correct for me (tested with Chromium, Firefox ad Opera).
I hope you get an answer from an other member, I'm at the end of my ideas.

More
4 years 4 months ago #24 by lemur
Hallo rich,
hallo Forum.

Merry Christmas!

The problem of this topic was raised 10 months ago. It still there is on my site ru.geschichte-chronologie.de and continues to cause irritation among users.

In replay #16 I asked "Maybe one of your employees can decipher the story with the characters" # "and"/"? I give access to Administration and Debug".
In replay #17 rich wrote "I forwarded your request."
I hope this request is there in the TODO-list of someone of the developers.

I really don't want to leave the problem for the next year.
When can the turn of this question come, please?

Thanks.

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #25 by karlja
Hello lemur,

just found your topic and guess it is connected to the one I raised 22 months ago and still is a major usability bug in Kunena... kunena.org/forum/k5-0-support/151042-rou...erly-with-pagination

For me it seems to be an issue of how the links are built and interpreted with the mesid (id of a post) present as parameters and overriding e.g. the start parameter...

FYI:
  • "/" the URL part after the / is interpreted as parameters in the URL and processed in PHP - naturally written as "index.php?mesid=1234&start=0 - with mesid and start as parameters
  • "#" the URL part after the # is interpreted by the browser as an achor to some reference on the page - e,g, read here: en.ryte.com/wiki/Anchor_Tag

Getting back to your example from earlier:
Code:
index.php/forum/13-geschichte-der-geschichtsanalytik/607-avtobiografiya-a-t-fomenko-obzor-knigi/1296 Category: 13-geschichte-der-geschichtsanalytik Topic: 607-avtobiografiya-a-t-fomenko-obzor-knigi Post (mesid): 1296
Interpreted on the server side as you want to see item 1296
Code:
index.php/forum/13-geschichte-der-geschichtsanalytik/607-avtobiografiya-a-t-fomenko-obzor-knigi#1296 Category: 13-geschichte-der-geschichtsanalytik Topic: 607-avtobiografiya-a-t-fomenko-obzor-knigi Anchor to post: 1296
Bringing you to the post and then scrolling by your browser to anchor #1296 (if available on that page).

Best regards
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by karlja.

More
4 years 1 month ago #26 by lemur
Hello karlja
Yes, most likely, the problem you are writing about is related to the problems I am writing about.
I also wrote about the problem with pagination www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...tipage-thread/210691 .
Unfortunately, the Kunena programmers did not consider the problems I described important enough (although rich corresponded with me a lot).
Maybe now that there are two of us: - ((, the site administration will pay attention to the problems. As I already wrote, I am ready to give access to my site of any level.

Good luck to you.
lemur

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

More
4 years 1 month ago #27 by rich
I think that are different problems but maybe I'm wrong.
The developer has quickly noticed that karlja's problem is a bug with the activity stream.
But on the Russian page from you are the addresses with a slash instead the # symbol.
Example:
A click on Last Post goes to addresses with slash and message number at the end of this url like
../55-test-topic/408
But the slash is wrong
It should be
../55-test-topic#408
or when the topic has more than one page
example
../55-test-topic/1870 (1870 is the number of the last message)
but should be
../55-test-topic?start=90#1870

I remember you have written that both pages (Russian and German) are identical. But it must be a difference, because the German page works as it should.
Please can you send me all #_kunena tables from the russian forum, so I can test it? You can empty the table #_kunena_users before, because I don't need user information for tests. Address would be rich@*kunena.org (address without star).

More
4 years 1 month ago #28 by rich
The setting "Topic layout = Threaded" has caused this error. To back to Flat has solved this problem.

More
4 years 1 month ago #29 by lemur
Perfectly!
Thank you very much, rich.

I didn't answer immediately for two reasons.
1) I only yesterday set all the parameters in Kunena on the Russian site the same as in German.

2) Switching to the "Last post" and "New" work fine, except for one exception. :-((.
If I log in under my own nickname le***, the Russian site works as before, that is, by clicking on the "Last post" and "New", it goes to the first post of the topic! ??? OMG.
Of course, I made many attempts and cleared the cache many times in both the Joomla and the browser. I checked how it works for different users and all user groups. le*** belongs to the Publisher group, but for one another user from this group it is working fine.

I can't explain it, BUT I won't search for a reason.

I am happy with the result now.
Thank you again!

- - - - - - - - -
Signature:

Time to create page: 0.897 seconds