Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Solved Kunena Categories disappear from backend after Upgrading to version 5.1.8

More
1 year 8 months ago #1 by purezen
Hi everyone
I have just upgraded Kunena to latest build version 5.1.8
After the upgrade, many of my Categories in the backend of the Kunena control panel have disappeared.
However, all categories that have disappeared from Backend, are showing and working OK in the Frontend.

I have a test site I use before making changes to my Live website, so can show you what Categories looks like before and after upgrade to 5.1.8.

Here is what my Categories looks like AFTER upgrading to 5.1.8

Here is what my Categories looks like BEFORE upgrading to 5.1.8 - using 5.1.7

Can other users who have upgrade to 5.1.8 please check Categories in the Backend and see if some have gone missing.

Regards
Derek
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #2 by rich
I've also noticed that the categories are every time hidden when you login in the backend. Click on this displayed symbol.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: purezen

More
1 year 8 months ago #3 by purezen
Thanks Rich ! :woohoo:

Mystery is now solved.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 1.043 seconds