Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Missing messages with SEO Friendly URLs

More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by gkonrad
I recently upgraded to Joomla 3.8.10 and Kunena 5.1.1. Since them my forum messages are not visible nor the menu to post a message. The topics are present as well as the number of messages in the topic, but clicking on the topic just brings me to an empty page with the topic heading, no messages. After much experimenting I found that when I turned off SEO Friendly URLs, the messages show up again. The downside is that now many of my links no longer function. Any way to turn my Friendly URLs back on and still display the topic messages? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #2 by gkonrad
Here's my config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.1 | creationdate: 2018-06-10

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.1 | 2018-06-10 [ Belinda ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
5 years 9 months ago #3 by rich
Go in the backend to the Kunena Menu. The first menu item with the ID 137 named Forum is wrong. The Menu Item Root must be the menu item "Kunena Forum ยป Home Page", otherwise the others menu items does not work correctly and you get errors.

More
5 years 9 months ago #4 by gkonrad
Thanks for the reply! I changed the alias for the Kenuna menu item, forum ID 137, from "forum" to "kunena-forum-home-page". Everything works fine until I turn on the friendly URLs. Then the messages still disappear as before.

More
5 years 9 months ago #5 by rich
You must change the menu item type, not the alias name.

Attachments:

More
5 years 9 months ago #6 by gkonrad
Yes, that took care of it. Thanks a lot.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds