Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Portrait images rotated to landscape

More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by larbut
For some reason, Kunena (or Joomla) has started to rotate portrait images to landscape.
It seem like an issue documented in these forums many years ago, linked to camera pictures missing orientation info ?
I'm pretty sure this has not been an issue before, but I'm not sure if it's the latest Kunena version or the latest Joomla version that brought the issue back, the site were updated with both recently.

Any ideas on how to solve?

This message contains confidential information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

In Kunena 5.1.x, only image in jpg format has been rotated when you upload it. I had made a change in developpement version of Kunena to support others files type

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 7 months ago #3 by larbut

xillibit wrote: Hello,

In Kunena 5.1.x, only image in jpg format has been rotated when you upload it. I had made a change in developpement version of Kunena to support others files type

Thank you for the reply, xillibit, but I'm not sure if I understand it.
I use Kunena 5.1.19.
Yes, it's jpg images getting rotated.
Is the 90 deg rotating of portrait-sized images intentional?
What can I do to stop the rotating?

Maybe I was not clear in my first post. I don't want images to be rotated. When a user posts a portrait image, the image should display as portrait. The way Kunena works now on my site is rotating images that should not have been rotated.

More
3 years 7 months ago #4 by xillibit
Kunena rotate automatically the jpg images for attachments and avatars when you upload it

There is no settings for avatars in Kunena to choose if you want rotate automatically or not, i can add this can kind of setting for next version

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #5 by larbut

xillibit wrote: Kunena rotate automatically the jpg images for attachments and avatars when you upload it

There is no settings for avatars in Kunena to choose if you want rotate automatically or not, i can add this can kind of setting for next version

My issue is with the attachment images.
Is there a setting to turn of auto-rotating of attachment images?
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by larbut. Reason: Read the reply once more.

More
3 years 7 months ago #6 by xillibit
There no setting to prevent the auto-rotating of attachments image

More
3 years 7 months ago #7 by larbut

xillibit wrote: There no setting to prevent the auto-rotating of attachments image

Not trying to be a smart-ass, just trying to understand... Why are images auto-rotated when uploaded?
In my case they end up rotated the wrong way in some cases, and I can't fix it.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #8 by xillibit
When you upload an image, it reads the exif fields and rotate it according with this field when the image is on wrong position. You can open the image with image editor like GIMP and it will ask you to rotate the image if it found that the image is in wrong postion

I think we have two solutions/improments :
-Add a setting in Kunena configuration to prevent to all images to be rotated
-Add a button on each images to rotate manually the image in wrong position when you have just uploaded it

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 7 months ago #9 by larbut

xillibit wrote: When you upload an image, it reads the exif fields and rotate it according with this field when the image is on wrong position. You can open the image with image editor like GIMP and it will ask you to rotate the image if it found that the image is in wrong postion

I think we have two solutions/improments :
-Add a setting in Kunena configuration to prevent to all images to be rotated
-Add a button on each images to rotate manually the image in wrong position when you have just uploaded it

Thank you for the clarification.

I like the suggested improvements, the buttons on each uploaded image will give a good user experience.

Lars

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #10 by rich
The error was in the template. Please update your Blue Eagle, it solves the rotation problem.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.614 seconds