Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Illegal mix of collations

More
1 year 5 months ago #1 by Omni
Hello,

Some users are having issue posting, Kunena logs shows this fatal error:

"Exception throw at line 665 in file /*filepath*/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php with message Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='"

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #2 by rich

More
1 year 5 months ago #3 by Omni
Replied by Omni on topic Illegal mix of collations
Thanks Rich, I think you're right. I'm surprised that didn't come up in my many searches. Thanks again.

More
1 year 5 months ago #4 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Illegal mix of collations
Hi, yesterday encountered the same issue: user trying to input emoji from mobile keyboard freaking out kunena with front-end error messages.

Are there any plans of doing the collation to UTF-8 Multibyte in the Kunena upgrade / install script? Or is there an instruction on how to do it manually (including necessary checks)?

sharing = caring

More
6 months 4 days ago - 5 months 4 weeks ago #5 by Nashita
Replied by Nashita on topic Illegal mix of collations
What exactly is Collation out of interest? It would be good to get this final query running for sure :slight_smile: Also I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good way to consolidate the principles Walgreenslistens I learnt in this book? I dont have any SQL based projects on the go at present that I can test my new skills on.
Last edit: 5 months 4 weeks ago by Nashita.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds