Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Deleting spam when users have already been deleted

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #1 by gossamer
Hi, we have a kunena-5.0.14 system on joomla-3.8.6 and just noticed there were >15,000 spam messages posted to the forums by just a handful of users. I've already deleted the users. How do I now delete the spam? The instructions I've seen on this are more than three years old.

Why is there not an option directly in the backend configuration to delete posts?

Can I do it directly from the database?

I've also followed the directions in the link below to prevent spam as much as possible. This includes setting "Allow Guests to Post/Write from its default value [No] to Yes." I've also purchased "antispam" by clean talk. Is there anything else I can do to prevent spam?
www.kuneze.com/blog/32-how-to-stop-forum-spam-in-kunena
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by gossamer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #2 by gossamer
Following up with this - no one has any ideas how to delete tens of thousands of spam messages?

More
5 years 1 week ago #3 by rich

Hi, we have a kunena-5.0.14 system on joomla-3.8.6 and just noticed there were >15,000 spam messages posted to the forums by just a handful of users.

Both versions are not supported anymore and also for security reasons you should upgrade your page.

Why is there not an option directly in the backend configuration to delete posts?

This option is available but when the spam users already are deleted, you can't use this feature anymore (Backend -> Kunena -> Users -> mark Spam Users -> Trash messages). Posts cannot be assigned if the spam user no longer exists.
You must delete posts before you delete an user.
I'm sorry, but I see no other way except you delete the spam manually now.

More
5 years 1 week ago #4 by gossamer

rich wrote:

Hi, we have a kunena-5.0.14 system on joomla-3.8.6 and just noticed there were >15,000 spam messages posted to the forums by just a handful of users.

Both versions are not supported anymore and also for security reasons you should upgrade your page.

This option is available but when the spam users already are deleted, you can't use this feature anymore (Backend -> Kunena -> Users -> mark Spam Users -> Trash messages). Posts cannot be assigned if the spam user no longer exists.
You must delete posts before you delete an user.
I'm sorry, but I see no other way except you delete the spam manually now.

Thank you for your help. Is there a mysql command I can use to delete them all at once? Can I manually delete from _kunena_topics safely?

More
5 years 1 week ago #5 by rich
That could work but it deletes posts from guests too. And I take absolutely no guarantee for for manipulations in the database!

Code:
DELETE FROM #__kunena_messages WHERE userid NOT IN(SELECT DISTINCT id FROM #__users)

More
5 years 1 week ago #6 by gossamer
I enabled query logging while I deleted a message and captured this:
Code:
49 Query DELETE FROM xugc_kunena_user_topics WHERE topic_id='15462' 49 Query DELETE FROM xugc_kunena_user_read WHERE topic_id='15462' 49 Query DELETE FROM xugc_kunena_rate WHERE topic_id='15462' 49 Query DELETE t FROM xugc_kunena_thankyou AS t INNER JOIN xugc_kunena_messages AS m ON m.id=t.postid WHERE m.thread='15462' 49 Query DELETE m, t FROM xugc_kunena_messages AS m INNER JOIN xugc_kunena_messages_text AS t ON m.id=t.mesid WHERE m.thread='15462'

So that's basically what I did manually to delete all the messages. I went through all dozen or so tables and deleted all signs of these few spammers who posted more than 15k messages.

The only remaining issue is that it still displays "15.4k topics" next to the category. Could this just be cached?[/left]

More
5 years 1 week ago #7 by rich
Go in the backend to Kunena -> Tools -> Recount Statistics and let count the statistics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gossamer

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds