Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Error 403 as moderator trying to link to new topic

More
2 years 4 months ago #1 by robdotinfo
All was well with my K 5.0 installation, then I made the mistake of upgrading to 5.1 and all hell broke loose (separate topics).

I was advised to reinstall K 5.0, which I did and this solved most of the problems, except for the following:

I have configured Kunena so that the first two posts by a new user require moderation. As administrator I get an email from the site, that contains a link to the new post that requires moderation.

Example:

www.surfski.info/my-forum-profile/1-gene...v10-sport.html#31654

Now what happens is that I see the following error:

This doesn't make any sense.

As administrator, if I open a topic that has a post that requires moderation, I can see it and deal with it. It's only when I try to access the topic by clicking the link in the email that this error occurs.

This means that I can moderate posts to existing topics, but I'm completely stuck if it's a new topic - I can't get to it to moderate it.

My configuration is as follows:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 2.5.3 | creationdate: Jan 2016

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.14 | creationdate: 2018-03-14

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.14 | 2018-03-14 [ Stephen Hawking ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.0

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds