Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Router build/parse not working properly with pagination

More
6 years 1 day ago #1 by karlja
Hi,

when clicking "Thank You" on a message, the URL that is added to the JomSocial stream for the message looks somewhat like this:
..../mypost/12345.html

When trying to navigate now in a topic with multiple pages, I will always be returned to the same page instead of actually moving forward or backward:
..../mypost/12345.html is the same as ..../mypost/12345.html?start=10

This seems to be connected in how the URL is built or parsed by $message->getPermaUrl() - any ideas on how to fix it or are the SEO settings somewhat wrong?

Thank you and best regards

Happy to provide specific parts of the configuration report on request - however, was able to reproduce it with a clean installation:
Joomla 3.8.6
Kunena 5.0.14
JomSocial 4.5.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #2 by karlja
Hi,

the issue continues to exist in 5.1.15 and it seems to be connected with the Message ID that is included in the URL, which overrides any other information in the URL and should not be added to pages navigation options or should be ignored if a startnumber for a post is set.
Instead of: ?view=topic&catid=128&id=19350&[strike]mesid=22377[/strike]&start=0
I would assume: ?view=topic&catid=128&id=19350&start=0

Additionally, since the number is set as mesid in the URL, the anchor is not used in the permalink...
?view=topic&catid=128&id=19350&mesid=22377 vs. ?view=topic&catid=128&id=19350&mesid=22377#22377

Best regards
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by karlja.

More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by rich
I've asked the team and created a ticket. It seems to be a problem with the activity stream. github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/6759

Instead of: ?view=topic&catid=128&id=19350&mesid=22377&start=0
I would assume: ?view=topic&catid=128&id=19350&start=0

No, for example if you link to a message, then you link to the first topic message, not to the message itself.
it should be linking to ?view=topic&catid=128&id=19350&mesid=22377

More
4 years 1 month ago #4 by karlja
Hi rich,

Thank you for looking into the topic.

Not sure, if I get you right - in the example above, the mesid (22377) is the actual message that was thanked for (on page 3 of the topic) and which is displayed when clicking on the link.

However, when I want to navigate through the post, the mesid is still in the URL and overriding the start parameter (e.g. start=0). So, either the mesid should not be in the link in the navigation or the mesid should be ignored if a start is given.

Best regards

More
4 years 1 month ago #5 by 810
Please try the nightly build, and check the issue with a new activity stream. If its still there please add the kunena report.

More
4 years 1 month ago #6 by karlja
Hello,

Thank you for the quick response - I have tested the nightly (K 1.5.16 - 20200311) and still have the same error.

When I thank someone for a post, the link shown in the activity stream is forum/test2/19350-test-fuer-stream/22379.html
This messes up the navigation (see image attached) and I would think this is a bug:

Additionally, if a new post is added, the link in the stream always brings me to the first post of the topic (forum/test2/19350-test-fuer-stream.html), whereas I would expect to directly see the referenced post. (feature request)

However, the Kunena Latest module works perfectly fine: forum/test2/19350-test-fuer-stream.html?start=10#22380

Best regards

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 200 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 15M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : custom | author: xxx.de | version: 0.2 | creationdate: 2013-10-27

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.16-DEV | creationdate: 2020-03-11

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.16-DEV | 2020-03-11 [ Internal ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 4.6.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.1 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.1

Attachments:

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #7 by xillibit
Hello,

I have just made a fix for it, tell me if it ok for you : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/c0...f152afed0d0319be3f6d

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #8 by karlja
Hi xillibit,

Thank you for the modification - that would directly bring the person clicking the first link to the right post.

However, the more pressing issue here is, that the navigation does not work properly after a link generated with getPermaUrl has been clicked - any ideas how to solve this? Should the getPermaUrl function be updated to remove the mesid from it or somehow the mesid from the pagination function be removed?

Best regards

More
3 years 8 months ago #9 by karlja
Hi xillibit,

Thank you for working on the topic an I saw that a fix was included in 5.1.17 - I have just upgraded to that version, however, the "read more" button in the JomSocial wall still includes the wrongly created link. Hence, navigation after clicking on that link still does not work.

Any thoughts?

Best regards

More
3 years 8 months ago #10 by xillibit
Hello,

I had missed your previous message, i will try to check this

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.790 seconds