Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Emails only sent to moderators, not to subscribers

More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by btc
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : business_pro | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: August 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: 2017-02-04

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.10 | 2017-06-30 [ Junco ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.1.0 | UddeIM 3.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.0.3 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.0.3

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.0.3 | Kunena Search 5.0.3

I've discovered that emails are not being sent to subscribers, only to the two forum moderators. I don't know how long this has been going on. I've checked in phpMyAdmin and confirmed that the users who aren't receiving emails are definitely subscribed to the particular topics. I can also see in the Elastic Email sent emails report that the only emails that have been sent are to the admin and moderators.

Any idea what's causing this? I've tried switching template and switching between plain text and html, but no joy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
hm.. difficult, your settings are all correct. You are sure, that actually no mails will sent? It works if you subscribe complete categories?

I've checked in phpMyAdmin and confirmed that the users who aren't receiving emails are definitely subscribed to the particular topics.

You can see this also in "Backend -> Kunena -> Users -> click on user name -> tab Topic- or Category Subscriptions".

More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by btc
Thanks Rich.

I've done more testing using a development website and several of my many email addresses and get a consistent result. Emails are going to moderators only, not to any other subscribers to either topic or category.
I have done a bit of customisation of Kunena, mainly to the template, but can't see how any of it could have affected the email sending.
Is all the email sending code in components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php or is there something in another file?

More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by 810
libraries/kunena/email/email.php
and:
libraries/kunena/forum/message/message.php

More
6 years 7 months ago #5 by btc
This problem is still continuing. However, I was wrong in saying that only moderators received emails. Emails are sent to category subscribers (which include moderators) but not to topic subscribers.

Looking through libraries/kunena/forum/message/message.php I see it includes on line 422

->update('#__kunena_user_topics')
->set('subscribed=2')
->where("topic_id={$this->thread}")
->where("user_id IN ({$sentusers})")
->where('subscribed=1');

Searching in that table on my website I don't find any instances where the value of subscribed is 2. What is the purpose of this query? Is it just temporary and it's reset to 1 somewhere else in the code?

More
6 years 5 months ago #6 by btc
Any idea what could be causing this issue? Emails are still only going to category subscribers, not to people who are only topic subscribers?

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds