Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question User's status not shown accordingly...

More
3 years 7 months ago #1 by fbettiol
Hi. After the update to the latest (current) version of Kunena, our users status are not being shown accordingly. They all appear as offline, even if I can see they are logged in, in the stats at the bottom of the page.

(Administrator->Kunena->Configuration->Users->Show user status is set to Yes.)

Any clues on this ? Any help will be appreciated

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by Slacker
I have this problem now with Kunena 5.1.6 and Joomla 3.9.0. It seems to be caused by I am using in Joomla PHP-session rather than database. And then User status cant be changed.

More
1 year 10 months ago #3 by rich
Maybe browser related? I've tested it. After the change also it was not correctly displayed, but I emptied the browser cache and now it shows all correct.

More
1 year 9 months ago #4 by Slacker
I have tested Firefox, Chrome and Edge with the same negative result. I use PHP 7.2.11 and Joomla 3.9.0.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5 by xreliable
I have this problem too but for me if a user is online it says "Offline" and if they are actually offline it says "Away" I am also using php session rather than db. Joomla 3.9 / php 7.2.12

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds