Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question SEO Forum Index page

More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by joomleb
SEO Forum Index page was created by joomleb
Hi guys,

The "Kunena Forum » Category List" Menu is the Forum Index page and it is shown on Kunena Menu Bar.

Creating a Menu to my Kunena Forum, like mydomain.com/forum I enter on the Kunena Index page, but if I click on the Index Menu on the bar it bring me to the same page bt with the URL mydomain.com/forum/index
That is really not a good SEO behavior (with "Search Engine Friendly URLs" and "Use URL Rewriting" = Yes on my Joomla).

Please, Is there a way to set in Kunena / to have it running as mydomain.com/forum (or redirect me to it) ?

Many thanks for support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic SEO Forum Index page
the forum item should also be a system alias, else the menu won't work.

More
7 years 2 months ago #3 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic SEO Forum Index page
Hi 810,
thanks for reply. May be I don't explaned well what I mean.

A - I'm working with "Search Engine Friendly URLs" and "Use URL Rewriting" = Yes on my Joomla.

B - On my site Menu I created a Menu Item Alias > Forum. So when I click on Forum on my menu I'm redirected to the main Kunena forum page and in the URLs is shown mydomain.com/forum. Okay

C - On that page (if enabled) I have the Kunena Menu Bar where the first Menu is the Forum Index page ("Kunena Forum » Category List"). If I click on the Index menu the page remains the same, the main Kunena forum page, but the URLs change as mydomain.com/forum/index.

This is really not a good thing for SEO, have two different pages with the same content but different URLs and/or be able to reach the same page with two different URLs.

So, having the "Search Engine Friendly URLs" and "Use URL Rewriting" enabled on my joomla when I click on the Kunena Index forum page the URLs should be mydomain.com/forum, and / or, at least, should be a way to enable into Kunena a redirection from mydomain.com/forum/index to mydomain.com/forum to avoid duplicated.

Please, Is there a way to set in Kunena / to have it running as mydomain.com/forum (or redirect me to it) ?

More
7 years 2 months ago #4 by joomleb
Replied by joomleb on topic SEO Forum Index page
Hi guys,
Please, Do you have any suggestion on this issue ?

More
7 years 2 months ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic SEO Forum Index page
You don't need to, we have set base url's in the meta, so it should take the same data and correct url

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds