Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Kunena forum issue with calendar

More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by rightinfront
As 9/10 Kunena asked to go to the template owners first and lay blame with them, so I asked Shape5 to take a look at this problem what I asked and there response is below:

Hi Guys,
I get the normal it your template issue when I asked this with Kunena, and most likely it is not but if you can help I appricate it.

Latest Joomla, using any browser, popup blocker disabled, kunena latest version, firebug does not seem to point me in the area,

Crypsis kunena template the popup for calendar does not show and you have to manually add in the search.

If I switch to Crypsisb3 kunena template the whole thing gets messed up (pushed to the left) but does show the calendar but not as a popup.

Thank you

Hello,

This is an issue with Kunena itself, their component has a lot of missing css. Items like the calendar should be fully stylized by their component and not rely on the template, but often time they don't provide enough css for this. If you can post a url to where this occurs I can see if there's an easy fix, but ultimately it's something that they need to correct in their extension.

I understand that you guys helped before when Kunena was blaming the template. Anyway take a look eslwatch.info/eslwatch-forum/search-topics.html

note the calendar does not show as explain, as a note the search is latest Kunena plugin has (Kunena 4.x & 5.X Extensions (Bootstrap)) so in my mind this should not happen.

Thank you so much for taking a look, if you can point me I can do the rest.

I don't see a calendar on that page and no way to open it. You said above that you have to manually turn it on, but how do you do that? Please leave it enabled so I can see it. Please also turn off the template compression while I debug this.

Sorry not explaining myself take a look at the link, notice in the search (Search at a specific date) grammar incorrect. click the box a popup comes with the calendar, strange that they do not allow me to turn that off and it is a stupid idea, anyway I still want it to work as it is there.

www.kunena.org/forum/search

I can in my one place a manual date, which I was eluding too, in my post when I said it worked.

That's the box I am clicking in but there is no calendar that shows when I click it, I have tried to browsers. The effect where the calendar shows is completely handled by the extension, that's most likely a javascript function. They would need to fix that, I can't debug the functionality of a third party extension. Also, if you compare the source code of the calendar on their site and your site they are not even the same calendar. The one on their site is being called from a completely different area in the source. It also uses completely different class names, for example here is their wrapper:

<div class="datepicker datepicker-dropdown dropdown-menu datepicker-orient-left datepicker-orient-top" style="top: 767.4px; left: 242.5px; display: block;">

<div class="input-append date hasDatepicker" id="dp1483107096105">

All of the internal class names, IDs, and layouts are completely different too.

I was able to force it to show all the time but adding the following:

.input-append, .input-prepend {
font-size:12px !important;
}

They have applied no font size, or their extension isn't accepting em font calls. That can go into custom.css, but you still have compression enabled. That will make the calendar show all the time, but the popup functionality will have to be corrected by them.

Ok, thanks but that never worked for me, I will try kunena website, unsure why there are so many buys in the software, they may help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by rightinfront
Why has it been over a month to answer questions, shame I was looking at new template 10 bucks is a small price but not when I can not get answers or support for a know buggy template. Shape5 has free templates and took the time to answer at least try and help. First time I ever had a problem. Disappointing.

More
7 years 2 months ago #3 by rightinfront
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 3000 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 512M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : forte | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: September 2015

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.6.1 | creationdate: 2017-01-28

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.6.1 | 2017-01-28 [ Falanouc ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.0.2 | Kunena Login 5.0.2

More
7 years 2 months ago #4 by xillibit
Shape 5 has removed the default bootstrap classes and use their own, so it make wrong display with Kunena calendar

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5 by rightinfront
I see shape5 blames Kunena, kunena blames shape5. I am no further ahead, thank you for answering I will go back to Shape5 and ask again.

More
7 years 1 month ago #6 by rightinfront
responses from Shape5:

That is incorrect, we have not removed any bootstrap classes. The bootstrap files that we provide are practically default copies of the original and no classes have been removed. Again, the component is responsible for styling itself, and it should never rely on the template to stylize it.

Every template uses different css. The component may be using classes for other templates or different versions of bootstrap. Either way, I don't know their component and it something that they need to fix. We do not provide support on fixing third party extensions. Their component should be coded via css so that it shows the same way on every template, it is their responsibility to code that way and test.

am now bouncing between two, free products can someone help as I can not seem to find answers

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds