Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Blank notification emails

More
7 years 3 months ago #1 by Scolaro
This was a problem with Kunena from version 5.0.3 which I started with. Now I updated to 5.04, but it's still present:
The notification emails are blank. There is no text, just a large grey, or blue background when I tell Groupwise to accept images. View is always html and can't be changed to plain text.

Steps:
- moderate forum
- user enters posting
- notification email about the posting arrives in SuperUser's/Moderator's inbox
- notification email is blank with either a blue or grey background. (The subject line is okay, e. g. "Bulletin Board Red card (For Sale)")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Blank notification emails
Do you use a custom kunena template?

More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by Scolaro
Replied by Scolaro on topic Blank notification emails
No, I don't. It's the Crypsis default one. (I don't even use a custom template for the Joomla site.)

More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Blank notification emails
could you do a screenshot from the email.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5 by Scolaro
I had one prepared, but the "Attachment" button of the forum didn't work for me yesterday. (Pressing it did nothing at all, tried in three different browsers.) Today it does, but whenever I add an attachment and press "SUBMIT" I'm taken back to the main page, only to realise that the posting wasn't sent at all. I tried in Firefox and Chrome.

Anyway, here's the screenshot: postimg.org/image/k3ko1zvvl/

More
3 years 6 months ago #6 by KenHorse
Replied by KenHorse on topic Blank notification emails
I am using the Blue Eagle template (1.5.4) and also have the problem with emails' bodies being blank (screen cap attached).

has this been resolved yet? It's annoying as all heck

More
3 years 6 months ago #7 by Scolaro
Hi KenHorse.
I don't have this issue anymore. The content doesn't look amazing, but there's a box with text and a link to the forum posting in the emails. Did check my notes to see if I can tell you what I did back then, but couldn't find anything, so maybe I went back and re-installed the site and the board. Or a later update fixed the issue. Sorry, but after almost 4 years I simply don't remember.

More
3 years 5 months ago #8 by KenHorse
Replied by KenHorse on topic Blank notification emails

Scolaro wrote: Hi KenHorse.
I don't have this issue anymore. The content doesn't look amazing, but there's a box with text and a link to the forum posting in the emails. Did check my notes to see if I can tell you what I did back then, but couldn't find anything, so maybe I went back and re-installed the site and the board. Or a later update fixed the issue. Sorry, but after almost 4 years I simply don't remember.

Your link doesn't work anymore so I can't find your notes. But thanks for your response!

More
3 years 5 months ago #9 by Scolaro
Sorry for being unclear. I meant when the admins/mods now get emails from my board they see content (text and link to the forum posting), and that I checked the update notes I left on the backend of my board (not here) from back then, to no avail.
If I were you I would really try to start from scratch again, without any other addons etc. before kunena works properly.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds