Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Probably the WORST update I have ever seen in any Joomla extension

More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by Boradan
Really...
What were you thinking when you released this?

You can even see on THIS forum that there are major issues with the released templates.
Have a look at the search box - the magnifying glass is not the correct size to fit the box.
Have a look at the Pagination bars, top and bottom of EVERY thread. They appear, along with numbers for 2 pages, even when there is only a SINGLE post.
Both templates only come with a light background, so the icons for bold/italic/underline look like hell (if you can see them at all) if you have a dark background on your site.

I turned on bootstrap in the templates, and every post has the text centered - tried working around it by some custom CSS, and that threw out the User Avatar/details by left aligning it all.

I have released about 12 Joomla templates, all including styling for Kunena Forums and every single one of them is now broken and looks like hell.
Great going...

I have now decided to install phpBB on all of my sites and am using a bridge to copy the users between phpBB and Joomla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #2 by MaydayJoey
Seems like a lot of people are complaining,I have a small site so it's not as big of an issue but still.

When it was released I had an issue and came here to ask about it.

I get the feeling they made these changes and don't want to answer for it.

I too will likely move away from Kunena if I can get all the users over if I can figure out how.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by MaydayJoey.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #3 by 810
We have replied serveral times. That the pagination is done for UX purposes.
So we won't change that. If you want to hide the pagination, you can create a simple template override, or even hide it by css.
Code:
.disabled {display: none}

Or fix you use your own template: components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/topic/item/default.php
Code:
<?php $page = $this->pagination->pagesCurrent; $total = $this->pagination->pagesTotal; if ($total > 1 && $page > 1) :?> <div class="pull-left"> <?php echo $this->subLayout('Widget/Pagination/List') ->set('pagination', $this->pagination) ->set('display', true); ?> </div> <?php endif; ?>
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by 810.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by MaydayJoey
I think you've missed his point entirely.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5 by 810
We have only light templates yes.
If you want a dark template you have 2 options:

1) Buy a template - see our sponsor, he has several dark templates for Kunena 5.x
2) Create your own dark template

More
7 years 3 months ago #6 by Boradan

810 wrote: We have replied serveral times. That the pagination is done for UX purposes.
So we won't change that.

User experience design (UXD or UED) is the process of enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty by improving the usability, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the customer and the product.

I fail to see how providing a pagination area enhances customer satisfaction in ANY way when this pagination area does NOTHING when clicked on.
To then do it TWICE ??? (don't get me wrong, pagination is great when you need it. Otherwise...)

Would you really get satisfaction from a website that uses 3 separate menus, but only one of them actually WORKS? the other 2 are there purely to 'enhance their satisfaction' even though they are about as much use as a Goldfish Bicycle.

Providing a simple 'toggle' for this pagination would work wonders for Website Admins' UX.
Providing a simple 'toggle' for light or dark icons would ALSO work wonders for Website Admins' UX.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds