Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Very bad avatar quality

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by Silencer2010
Hey guys,

in kunena 5 we have very very bad avatar quality.

We use cb with kunena. The avatar in cb profile looks good, but in kunena its so very bad...

How can we get better quality?? Thats really not usable that way...

In attachment you can see the quality of the avatar in cb and what kunena does with the picture... Its very bad.. ?!

Cheers

Tobias
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Silencer2010.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Very bad avatar quality
Please check in the configuration the avatar options. But it seems there will be uploaded big photos. The best way for high quality when users adjust the resize before upload.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3 by Silencer2010
Settings are default. We even tried with 100% quality and so on, but nothing changed..

We tried with many different files... 29 kb up to about 500 kb ... Nothing changes... The quality of the avatar is always that bad... :((

EDIT: We can see why the image quality is that bad... The file size is 200x200 px. In cb it is scaled down to 190x190 px what is ok.

In kunena we can see the file size is 60x60 px, scaled up to 142x142 px ??? Then, of course, the quality is that bad...

Why is that?? How can we changed the bad scalings..?

Cheers

Tobias

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by AndreyS
Replied by AndreyS on topic Very bad avatar quality
Hello!
The problem is that your standard template forum Kunena uses very large size avatar. In this case, you need to use the template code is not the thumbnail( sitename.com/images/comprofiler/tnXXX.jpg ) and full picture( sitename.com/images/comprofiler/XXX.jpg ).

Please, give the opportunity to users through settings to change the size of the avatar, as you use a very large size!
Thanks!

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by Silencer2010
Oh yes, now i could see and check it by myself.. Kunena is using the very small bad quality thumbnails of 60x60 px... And then kunena scales them up to 142x142 px... No way to get any good quality that way...

What can we do now ????

EDIT: Yes, the problem is on kunena side.. Kunena uses the very small cb thumbnails (about 60 px in default settings) and scales them up to 142px (in my case). Of course this leads to very very bad (not usable) image quality...

What we can do: We set the default size of thumbnails in cb to 130 px. Now the quality is good in kunena as it does not have to scale up too much.

But i do not now if it is the best way to change default thumbnail size in cb to get better quality in kunena? Quality in cb is quite good always... Is there any other way to manage kunena not to use the small thumbnails and use the normal images instead? Thanks!

Cheers

Tobias

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by AndreyS
Replied by AndreyS on topic Very bad avatar quality
Yes, you can solve this problem is only increasing CB thumbnail size to 200x200 for example. But then, in the list of users avatars CB look bad.
It would be able to reduce the size of the avatar through the forum settings.

More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Very bad avatar quality
backend - kunena - template - crypsis - avatars - change there the heights

More
7 years 3 months ago #8 by Mark L.
Replied by Mark L. on topic Very bad avatar quality
Hello!
I have the same problem with Avatar quality. I use Kunena/Community Builder on my site and about similar problem wrote AndreyS: "The problem is that your standard template forum Kunena uses [strike]very large[/strike] size avatar. In this case, you need to use the template code is not the thumbnail( sitename.com/images/comprofiler/tnXXX.jpg ) and full picture( sitename.com/images/comprofiler/XXX.jpg )." But avatars on my site is from picture tnXXX.jpg (size 60x41px) and Kunena increase size to 115x78px. Is exist pictures XXX.jpg with 200x137px.
Where I can change Display Avatars from sitename.com/images/comprofiler/tnXXX.jpg to sitename.com/images/comprofiler/XXX.jpg?
I use the Purple Pirate Template, but the same situation is for Crypsis Template.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 120M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : design_control | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: December 2013

Kunena default template details : Purple Pirate | author: Tomzie | version: 5.0.1 | creationdate: 2016-10-28

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.5 | 2017-01-04 [ Eyas ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.1.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 5.0.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.0.2

More
7 years 1 month ago #9 by Mark L.
Replied by Mark L. on topic Very bad avatar quality
Nobody knows answer?

Time to create page: 1.606 seconds