Kunena 5.2 Beta 1 Released (24 Sep 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public beta release of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 B1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Thread is getting redirected

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1 by WinniePooh
Hello,

recently I have noticed that a certain topic gets redirected to another one. This URL https://.../forum?view=topic&catid=3&id=3037 is changing to this one (https://.../forum?view=topic&catid=56&id=3877#4318) after clicking on it.

At first I thought it is a problem with my older Kunena 4.0 installation, but after an local upgrade to 5.0 the problem is still there. What could cause a redirection of a thread in Kunena?

Edit: Every other thread is working as expected.

Regards
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by WinniePooh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Thread is getting redirected
Could it be that this topic sometime has been moved? Maybe it is a shadow topic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WinniePooh

More
3 years 9 months ago #3 by WinniePooh
Maybe one of my moderators have moved the thread. How can I revert this action?

More
3 years 9 months ago #4 by rich
If you are sure it's a shadow topic so you can delete it. But attention! When you delete in the wrong place, the complete topic will be deleted. You find shadow topics in the original category. Depending on the template, marked with a different color (see image).
Attachments:

More
3 years 9 months ago #5 by WinniePooh
But by deleting the shadow topic I can't revert the merge of the two topics or am I wrong? I just want to separate both topics.

More
3 years 9 months ago #6 by rich
A shadow topic is no own topic. In principle it is only a redirect from the old place to the new place. If you delete the shadow topic, you deletes only a redirect. But if you delete on the wrong place, it deletes the original topic and it remains only a dead redirect. So it's better if you make a backup previously.

More
3 years 9 months ago #7 by WinniePooh
I want the shadow topic to be the old topic and the posts of the shadow topic to be inserted back in it. The merge of the two topics should be removed, not the shadow topic itself. You are instead telling me to remove the redirection of the topic by removing the shadow topic, but it doesn't restore the moved topic.

I also tried to restore the shadow topic with the moderator option, but the problem still remains.

More
3 years 9 months ago #8 by rich
A shadow topic is not a real topic. It shows only the original topic but it's included only the redirect. If you want restore the moved topic to the original place, you must remove the shadow topic and move back all manually.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds