Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Quick reply loses all of the inputted text when you 'go to editor'...

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1 by mikerotec
Using 5.0.4.1 but problem has been present ever since upgrade to 5.

I am using Crypsis template, but the Crypsis feature "Recover Crash and store fields" (which claims to "move data from quickreply to editor") is non-functional... at least it makes no difference whatsoever if its set to either on or off.

Anyone know of a fix for this. It REALLY aggravates our users when they type in a paragraph or three - only to have their typing LOST when they switch to editor...
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by mikerotec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #2 by mikerotec
'Go to Editor' is BROKEN HERE, too!!

Hello? Earth to Kunena developers?

More
7 years 3 months ago #3 by mikerotec
using Kunena 5.0.5, by the way.

More
7 years 3 months ago #4 by mikerotec
Is there any way to HIDE the 'quick reply' for now?? Can't find it in the setting or in the Kunena template ( standard Crypsis template used)

More
7 years 3 months ago #5 by mikerotec
OK, I FOUND A TEMPORARY WORKAROUND:

I commented out

\components\com_kunena\template\crypsis\layouts\message\edit\full.php

line 136 like this
Code:
<!--<a href="index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=reply&catid=<?php echo $message->catid;?>&id=<?php echo $message->thread;?>&mesid=<?php echo $message->id;?>&Itemid=<?php echo KunenaRoute::getItemID();?>" role="button" class="btn btn-small btn-link pull-right" rel="nofollow"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_GO_TO_EDITOR'); ?></a>-->

that hides the "go to editor..." link when I have the Crypsis template QuickReply configuration set to "Always Visible' (which removes Quickreply button from next to the Actions dropdown, and has a main Quickeditor panel at the bottom of the thread)

hope this helps somebody!

More
7 years 2 months ago #6 by mikerotec
Does 5.0.6 fix this issue?

or would I need to apply my "hide go to editor" workaround (see above) again, after updating?

More
7 years 2 months ago #7 by rich

Does 5.0.6 fix this issue?

Unfortunately no, it's still the same.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #8 by Pikkolo
Any fix to this ? Any chance of disabling quick reply completely for now, and to have a " reply topic " button like here on kunena forum ? :ohmy:

Ok i found the option, still let's hope the kunena developers will soon fix the issue :) Thanks !
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Pikkolo.

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds