Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question ugrade to kunena 5 looks like a bomb went off

More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by bella01
OMG, after the upgrade to kunena 5 it looks like a bomb went off inside my forum. totally unrecognisable and not even legible. i've lost my menus, all styling. what a mess. as my forum is registered only i've attached a screen shot. [img ]http://www.a-p-s.org.au/Screen Shot 2016-11-03.png[/img]

anyone suffered the same, is there any suggestions for me out there? i m desperate not to have to roll back from a back up.
is there a way to go back to 4.xxx

cheers
stella.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Please select in Backend -> Kunena -> Templates -> Crypsis -> Basic Settings -> Load Bootstrap css = Yes
The following user(s) said Thank You: bella01

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by bella01
thank you rich,

that fixed some of the issues, big thank you.

are you able to give me any advice on fixing my category icons on the home page look missing.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by rich
Please check in Backend -> Kunena -> Templates -> Crypsis -> Basic Settings -> Default category icon, what is entered in this field. Default should be: icon-folder
Possible are also glyphicon-folder-open or fa-folder
If it still doesn't work select additional in Crypsis -> Features -> Load External CDN Fontawesome = Yes

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by bella01
thank you. re: Default category icon was blank adding icon-folder fixed it.

i have a menu drama. its disappeared however, i tried to remake the menu without any change. i do get this warning:

Warning: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in /home/XXXXXXX/public_html/libraries/cms/form/field/menuitem.php on line 220

any idea what that could be, or how i can get my menu back.

another issue is that my home page looks like this image [img ]http://www.a-p-s.org.au/Screen Shot 2016-11-10.png[/img]
when you click the category it isolates it then when you click it again nothing happens, it doesn't open up the list of topics. the only way to get it to show is by searching for it in the dropdown box. eg. [img ]http://www.a-p-s.org.au/Screen Shot 2016-11-10-2.png[/img].

it would be fantastic, if it would work like before the upgrade, if when clicked it could show all the topics under that forum just like it operates in the kunena forum. i would also like my forum home page to look like the kunena forum home page. i really don't understand why it doesn't. i've never made any css changes, i always use default template and yet my forum layout looks a mess.

are you able to shed some further light onto my issues. any help is greatly appreciated.

PS. i forgot to mention my menu is missing. any help on that one would be so helpful.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by bella01.

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by rich

any idea what that could be, or how i can get my menu back.

It seems, you use wrong menu items. Here is the solution. www.kunena.org/docs/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues
Maybe it solves also the error message.

when you click the category it isolates it then when you click it again nothing happens, it doesn't open up the list of topics. the only way to get it to show is by searching for it in the dropdown box. eg.

Go to your "Profile -> Edit -> Forum Settings" and click on Clear Cache.
Or delete the cookies in your browser.

More
7 years 4 months ago #7 by bella01
both your suggestions worked and mostly its starting to now feel like my old forum. i found another small thing.
[img ]http://www.a-p-s.org.au/Screen Shot 2016-11-10-3.png[/img]

any idea how i can fix this?

More
7 years 4 months ago #8 by rich
Please try this code in your custom.less (see here) www.kunena.org/docs/en/manual/backend/templates/edit-less
You can adjust the field with the percentage max-width.

Code:
.layout .kreply-form { max-width: 100% !important; }

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds