Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Another missing menus after upgrade

More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by achartier
I have followed all the recomendations. I have trashed & burned all Kunena menu items. I rebuilt them using the Tools->Menu function, I have enabled the Forum menu under Main Menu. Still no menus.

Details for login:
This message contains confidential information

Below is the support info:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 2048M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: JoomShaper.com | version: 1.2 | creationdate: Jan 2015

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.3 | creationdate: 2016-10-23

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.3 | 2016-10-23 [ Dibatag ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.14

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by rich
It was disabled in Crypsis setting. And you have additional a css code in your custom.css.
Remove this code and you see the menu.

Code:
/* Remove the navigation bar */ nav.navbar.navbar-default { display: none; }

More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by achartier
Interesting, I have had that css in there forever and it is only now in K5 that the problem showed up. Thanks.

Now, my next issue is I am missing the login form. When a user gets an email notification of an event and the click through the link, they used to get a Kunena login form. We no longer get this. Did the behavior change?

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by rich

Now, my next issue is I am missing the login form. When a user gets an email notification of an event and the click through the link, they used to get a Kunena login form. We no longer get this. Did the behavior change?

You mean this login? The Kunena login as in Kunena 4.0 no longer exists. But you can place another login module here. You are using the CommunityBuilder on your page. Therefore a example with the CB login module.

First you need a login module only available for guests (please see here) .

Enable the CB login module -> choose at advanced Options "Alternative Layout = bootstrap-horizontal (or default-horizonal)" and place the module on top.
Module Access = Guest
Menu Assignment = Only on the pages selected (choose all Forum pages)

After login, the module is hidden. It works also with all other modules.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by achartier
OK, thanks. I am able to display the menu now, but it does not go away after login. I do not have a guest access level, only public and members (registered). However, I can hide the logout button with CSS.

Thanks for your help.

Is 5.0.4 close? I want to get rid of the image in the email notifications.

More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by achartier
Also, it seems the IDs of some of the divs have gone. I used to be able to hide the list of moderators but there is no ID or class associated that I can key on. Was this an oversight or done on purpose?

More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by rich

I do not have a guest access level, only public and members (registered).

Create a new user group called Guest. Is no problem. docs.joomla.org/ACL_Tutorial_for_Joomla_...nu_Items_and_Modules

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #8 by achartier
Yes, that works, thank you.

Edit: for completeness should another user find this thread, you must create a group called Guest and an Access Level called Guest. The Guest group should be a child of Public, at the same level as Registered. Set the Access Level of the module to the Guest access level. You must also set the default group for non-registered users to Guest. You do this in User Manager, select Options at the top right and select Guest in the Guest User Group.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by achartier.

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds