Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Ajax username filter on search page

More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by rolandd
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is a bug, feature or something in between but I am testing out Kunena 5 before implementing it on my site which now has Kunena 4.

The issue I see is on the Search page where you can type a username to filter the search results on. This has some nifty AJAX feature to show a list of usernames that match what has already been typed. At least that is what it is supposed to do but as far as I can tell, what has already been typed is not sent to the server to be used in the query so I always have the same list of 10 names, regardless of what I type.

Now I searched the forum and Github but can't find any post regarding this. Is this an unreported issue?

Thanks for any insight,

RolandD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
Hi Roland, it should take all user names. its taking it from the database by ajax.

GitHub links:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/K5.0...ser/view.raw.php#L60
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/K5.0.../assets/js/search.js
Looks there is no limit set.
I see also a different with Crypsisb3 template, need to check out why.

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by rolandd
Hello,

So I had some time to dive deeper into this and I found where my 30 limit comes from. If you look here:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/K5.0...models/user.php#L224

This line picks up a value of 30. Now I don't know why that is but you will be more knowledgeable as to why that is.

Now I have some issue related to this, as you said that there should be no limit applied but with nearly 14K users, I don't think it is a good idea to retrieve the full list every time a letter is typed, so I think some optimizing in this area would be good. Filtering on the data already typed might be very helpful.

Thanks for all your work.

Time to create page: 0.347 seconds