Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Replying to a post much slower than creating a post

More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by djb
Hi,

I'm running K5.0.2 on J3.6.2.

I have noticed since upgrading to PHP 7.0.10 that the process of creating a reply to a post once you press Submit can take 10-15 seconds whereas creating a new post takes less than a second. These timings are consistent and also occur when I am the only one in the forum.

My forum has 46,000 posts but I don't think this is a capacity issue as the problem did not appear before the PHP upgrade. The issue was apparent in K4. One reason to go to K5 was to see if this fixed the issue but it did not change it.

I don't know where to start looking. Any suggestions gratefully received.

With thanks
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
maybe because a broken plugin. try to disable all non joomla/kunena plugins and try again. Else try to repair database by the admin tools

More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by djb
Thank you for your advice.

Fixing errors in the database did not resolve the issue.

Other than trial and error, is there a more efficient way to identify this faulty plugin?

More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by djb
I have spent several hours this morning trying to track down this issue without any success. I have ensured all components and plugins are up to date and carried out several tests by disabling components and plugins and then creating a reply to an existing post. All replies took between 8-12 seconds after pressing Submit for a one word reply.
I'm now running K5.0.3 on J3.6.4.
I also turned on the Joomla debug but could not glean any information from this other than the 58 queries took 32.86ms. Other than the Forum reply, my site is running well.
Any suggestions on how to move this forward would be appreciated.
With thanks
David

More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by 810
the quickest way to check this, is to create a new subdomain, install kunena + joomla.
check that they use the same database prefix on creation.

After clean install, create some topics, and try to reply. If its still to slow, then its a server issue. If its runs quick. then copy the kunena tables, and the joomla users/usermaps to the subdomain. Then try again. If still quick, then install the plugin 1 by one, until its slow again.

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by djb
I haven't yet bottomed this one out.
It is curious that posting an initial message is not delayed and editing an existing post is not delayed. The delay is only apparent when posting a new reply.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7 by djb
I backed up my live site today and restored it on xampp on my local machine. Replying to posts using my local copy has no time delay at all while it is about 10 seconds on my live site.

I am looking for differences between the live site and localhost. My host has PHP 7.0.10 while the localhost is 7.0.13.

Are there are areas that I can look at to solve the issue please?

More
7 years 1 month ago #8 by 810
like php mod-security or something like that, or cache improvements.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9 by oestek
Did you ever find a solution? We have the same problem here.

More
7 years 1 month ago #10 by WHStables
I made a post a month ago with the same problem. I can't find a solution either. I have disabled everything as well. It's weird that the edit and posting is fast and only the reply is slow.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds