Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Pagination locked when following email link back to forum

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by purezen
Hi there

Since upgrading to Kunena 5.0.2, I have found a bug with links generated by notification emails.
Some of the notification emails DO work, because they have the correct URL address.
Other notifications DON'T work, because they have different strings at end of URL.

This bug is only present in forum threads that have more than one page of results.

I receive copies of all forum traffic via email, on TWO different email accounts.
Some of the URLs in emails addressed to MASTER Forum email address, DO work.
All of the URLs in emails being addressed to Members, have links that break pagination from working.

Here is example from my forum.
Good link:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/welcome-to-...-maker?start=20#5442
If I press Page 1 button, I am sent to page 1.
After pressing Page 1, URL updates to:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/welcome-to-...e-maker?limitstart=0

Bad link
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/welcome-to-...ive-movie-maker/5442
If I press Page 1 button, page does not move. Cannot move through different pages in forum thread.
Aftering pressing Page 1, URL updates to:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/welcome-to-...er/5442?limitstart=0
But page does not actually change.

Kunena version 5.0.2
Joomla version 3.6.3
PHP 7.0.7

Regards
Derek
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by purezen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
I see that you have a 3rt part template.

Then copy:
components\com_kunena\template\crypsis\layouts\email
to
components\com_kunena\template\yourtemplate\layouts\email
The following user(s) said Thank You: purezen

More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by purezen
Thank you 810 for your reply.
I did what you said and experienced varying results, that were not consistent.
I decided to take my forum offline and do a clean install of Kunena 5. After doing this, some other problems I use to have were suddenly not there. I then copied the folders a 2nd time and now get consistent results, although there is one problem left now. I don't know if this is intentional or not?

In some email notifications, the # is missing before number in the URL link that is seen.
However, in all these situations, the URL linked to READ MORE button, does have the # before number. Which means READ MORE always works if pressed, but naked URL only sometimes works. It depends on who the email is for. It seems like Moderator and Admin notifications are the ones missing the # ?

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds