Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question bug.. collapse button active on just one forum category

More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by hareslade
hi k 5.02
i accidentally lost my forum display, i discovered the collapse button got pressed by mistake.
there shouldn't be a oollapse button visible with only one forum category existing,

tracked the bug to crypsis
com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/category/index/default.php

php line should be bigger than 1 not 0

if (count($this->sections) > 0) : ?>
<div class="btn btn-small" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#section<?php echo $section->id; ?>"></div>
??
if (count($this->sections) > 1) seems to sort the problem. now get collapse buttons only when 2 categories showing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
ok, changed it, thnx for the report.

More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by hareslade
Hi
thanks
having same [but not wuite] problem with the menu bar/tabs index etc,

be aware this is with a logged in user, not sure if thats relevent.

on my display on crypsisb3 it shows two menu rows, the lower one with a collapse/show arrow, upper row has none..

i use crypsis but on that, it can by the looks of it, set up with the menu blanked, but theres no display/collapse button.
strangely i think clearing the users profile cache may fix this sometimes.

could you check on your system? on j 3.6 by the way.

again, on crypsis it needs the collapse facility removing,? its just a nuisance ifitsworking incorrectly
...but solution looked a bit more complex codewise
because the function widget also handles the login display/hide button/circle so i havent approached this prob as yet.
any code suggestion appreciated.

i'm fairly sure something odd is going on with the menu bar, , anyway.

More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by 810
if you see 2 rows, that's meaning you have not the correct css classed, so the wrong bootstrap version or you don't have the full bootstrap classes.
I think you miss the responsive css classes then. Try to add it on your joomla template.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5 by hareslade
hi .. thanks..

on crypsis..
the main joomla template [fusion] loads * Bootstrap Responsive v2.1.1
but ive tried protostar and isis and they dont cure the missing tabs.

if i set yes for load bootstrap in crypsis basic options, it makes no difference, but extra icons appear so something extra is loading..

definately, if the tabs are in missing mode, i can click preferences while logged in, and the tabs miraculously appear
on the profile page. and if i go back to index page, tabs are now there. so whats going on!

on crypsis b3, i get two rows of tabs .. one has the collapse caret and it does collapse its own row correctly.
but obviously its still not right. - as you say, theres css missing there or bootstrap isnt working.

i ckecked the css and media files loaded for the crypsis profile page [which shows tabs] and theres no extra css file or bootstrap / responsive files loaded for the profile page, , compared to the files loaded for kunena's index page, where tabs were not showing.

any further help appreciated, i am relatively used to problem solving but this one's difficult.

a quick solution for me would be, a method to remove the collapse function completely on the kunena menu, would there be a code fix to do that in the menubar widget file?

in fact, collapsing the menu is going to confuse our users anyway, it wasn't like that on the older blue eagle.
do you have a widget menubar file fix to remove the tab collapse function altogether?

my apologgies its a bit complicated... incidentally i use firefox, i.e/edge shows similar, chrome shows a very small dropdown where the tabs should be.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by hareslade.

More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by hareslade
hi
further investigation shows something rather obvious. when the index etc tab submenu is missing, the login tab is always there.
i would guess
<?php echo $this->subRequest('Widget/Menu'); ?>
calls the nearby widget in /menu/default.php

for some reason the menu/default.php code isn't always finding the menu items to populate index, tab etc.
i did rebuild the kunenamenu.

looking at the menu/default.php widget it says code is borrowed from joomla 2.5, and the 3.6 mod_menu code looks like it has changed ?

More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by 810
at the moment k5 is only supporting level 2 menu items, I have already added multiple levels support for K5.1. So you will have submenus if you wanted.

More
7 years 5 months ago #8 by hareslade
hi.. well.. i'm understanding more about whats going on,

i know now, there are 2 separate probs, the non-properly-functioning collapse for kunenamenu
[which could be fixed by not having the collapse code]

but also, i did var dump on the menu tab object in /menu/default.php

when the tabs are missing, the list object $this->list is empty.
when i've clicked profile after logging in, the tabs appear and var dump shows a populated list object.
this isrepeatable. so somewhere the menu list isn't always being found.

i understand your comment regarding 2 level menus, but my kunena menu only has top level.

More
7 years 5 months ago #9 by rich

further investigation shows something rather obvious. when the index etc tab submenu is missing, the login tab is always there.

when i've clicked profile after logging in, the tabs appear and var dump shows a populated list object.
this isrepeatable. so somewhere the menu list isn't always being found.

Maybe you use Kunena menu items in other menus? Please see here: www.kunena.org/docs/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues

More
7 years 5 months ago #10 by hareslade
HI, thanks
I read all the menu info you pointed to, rebuilt and checked menus. no changes after my efforts.
so i trashed the existing kunenamenu and reinstalled k 5.02,

still no tabs when first going to forum, i still get tabs showing after logging in and clicking on preferences.
they are newly formed tabs i know, because the re-install added a complete set.

so I'm stumped, as to why the tabs list object only gets populated after going into preferences.
unless anyone else can replicate this its problematic.

as i said, the joomla 3.6 mod_menu code generally, is different from the parts used in the kunena menu/default.php
which it says in default.php, is derived from joomla 2.5. but that might not be the cause of course.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds