Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Pathways Issue

More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by pinklink
Pathways Issue was created by pinklink
When you go directly to a topic, you have duplicate menu items in the pathway. Even if you go to the topic directly from the Latest Topics or from the Home page where the most recent are listed OR to Category and then to the topic, the duplicate pathway shows up.

I know this is related to the Kunena menu. Why is it that I cannot put other items at the top level of the menu besided the name of the home index? When I try to put other items like Chat Choices (the name for our Category listing) I have to put it as a submenu item to Pink Link Connect.

I’ve changed the Kunena home menu item to Pink Link Connect Home so that it would be different than the alias on the Main Menu, but that didn’t solve the problem.

I am still using Kunena 4 because of the template I am using, but I didn't see where I could post a question for Kunena 4 support.

Site registration for general user: un kunena pw: kunena2016
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Pathways Issue
Sorry Kunena 4 support has been ended.
But the issue is right, your menu isn't correct. Kunena doesn't support deeper menu items, that will be added on Kunena 5.1
the first name is a menu item on mainmenu. So change that name, or remove the same name on kunenamenu.

As I said K40 is EOL, we will not support it.

More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by pinklink
Replied by pinklink on topic Pathways Issue
I understand that the Kunena menu doesn't support deeper items, but I was trying to put menu items at the menu root and it doesn't let me (once I do, they don't show up on the Kunena menu). Only those items which are under the main forum item aliased Kunena Forum » Home Page show up in the Kunena Menu. The names of Categories under Chat Choices are there as menu items because they each have a custom template applied to them. When you drill down from Chat Choices to a topic, the pathway is correct. It's only when you open a topic does the pathway become wrong.

Changing the name of the main Kunena Menu item does not help. I changed it to Pink Link Connect Home and it still sticks in the extra Pinklink Connect step after it, once I am looking at a topic. Since I was told there can only be one main entry to the Forum, in my Main Menu I have an item called Pink Link Connect which is an alias to the Kunena Forum » Home Page. I realize that this is what is causing the problem, but I need advice on how to fix it. Thanks.

More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Pathways Issue
change the first menu item on kunenamenu to forum alias. then it should work.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds