Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Attachments cannot be deleted at all => 403

More
7 years 8 months ago #1 by ArnoBrinkman
I cannot find the cause why attachments cannot be deleted at all by a user. First i thought it has to do with the fact that they may don't delete messages (the may modify them), but changing this setting didb't help either.
Do my best to find what causes this error, but no luck so for. I assume components\com_kunena\controllers\topic.php is called and in there removeattachments() ?

This is the call that fails:
http://mydomain/index.php/forum/topic/task-removeattachments?format=json&3ab306ba53c6e972e5f10e6e1287354d=1&fil_id=13

Response:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>403 Forbidden</title> </head><body> <h1>Forbidden</h1> <p>You don't have permission to access /mydomain/index.php/forum/topic/task-removeattachments on this server.<br /> </p> <p>Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p> </body></html>

TradingTalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by ArnoBrinkman
Can someone give me a push in the direction were i should look?

Is this error comming from Kunena? or from Joomla? or deeper level?

Is it possible to get somewhere a stacktrace at the point when the exception is raised?

TradingTalk

More
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4 by ArnoBrinkman
Thank you very much 810 !!!

The problem is the DELETE call instead of POST (i meant with POST it works perfectly fine).
I understand the correct way for a rest interface is DELETE, but now the question comes where this is getting blocked. I'm wondering why other users of this forum didn't had troubles with this.

I've many struggles with the new K5 release, but i need to give a BIG thanks to community here for all the help.

TradingTalk
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by ArnoBrinkman. Reason: clearify

More
7 years 8 months ago #5 by 810
are you running IIS ?

More
7 years 8 months ago #6 by ArnoBrinkman
No, it's running on CentOS, Apache 2.4.23, Php 5.6.25

I want to upgrade to php7, that's also why i wanted to use K5

TradingTalk

More
7 years 8 months ago #7 by ArnoBrinkman
Something totally unrelated, but every time you click a link on this forum to open a message (which contains the Bookmark with the ID). The message dissapears behind the navigation/header. Because a lot of links include the messageid to directly refer to the right message i need to scroll to be able to see the message. On my forum i added custom css for that "a" element that contains the Bookmark:
Code:
#kunena.layout small.text-muted a { padding-top: 255px; }

TradingTalk

More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by ArnoBrinkman
Finally found the problem, the DELETE method was rejected by Apache. While my Apache knowledge is small it costed some time to find out where to adjust it. A lot of suggestions to find on the internet, but finding the right/good answer to your configuration is sometimes a challenge.

TradingTalk

More
7 years 7 months ago #9 by 810
I have changed it to post, so it shouldn't happen again.

More
7 years 7 months ago #10 by ArnoBrinkman
That's even better for other users not strumbling on this thing.

Could you tell me which branch i should be using to have the latest K5 patches from git?

TradingTalk

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds