Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question not all Kunena tables were converted to utf8mb4_general_ci after upgrading to K5

More
7 years 8 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
Yestoday I upgraded my Kunena from 4.0.11 to 5.0.0. Today I checked phpmyadmin, and found out that not all Kunena tables (#__kunena_*) were converted to use utf8mb4_general_ci collation. Some of them are still using utf8_general_ci.

Why?

I think Kunena 5.0 should automatically detect the Joomla core version (v3.6.x) and then convert the DB table collation to utf8mb4_general_ci if the Joomla core version supports utf8mb4_general_ci.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I haven't looked before this issue, but do-you remember which tables aren't converted to utf8mb4 ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by 810
@florian, he wants a automatic conversion from ut8 to utf8mb4, like joomla has done it.
We need to check it.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by baijianpeng

810 wrote: @florian, he wants a automatic conversion from ut8 to utf8mb4, like joomla has done it.
We need to check it.

Yes! I mean "automatic conversion"!

Please add this feature to Kunena 5.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds